These Vegan Grilled Corn Tostadas are loaded with refried beans, charred corn and a creamy habanero sauce.
This was originally posted on April 24, 2018
Tostadas are a fun swap for your typical taco night. And these ones are especially tasty. From the grilled corn to the refried beans to the creamy habanero sauce. There is so much to love about these tasty, crispy tostadas.
How to make Vegan Grilled Corn Tostadas
You have LOTS of options when it comes to these tostadas. You can make everything from scratch, or you can buy things pre-made. Both will be tasty, and obviously pre-made ingredients will cut down on the cook time.
If making these from scratch, start by grilling your corn. Grab 2 ears of corn and rub them down with some olive oil and a pinch of salt & pepper. Place them on a hot grill and cook until charred on all sides (about 15 minutes). Let the corn cool and then cut the kernels off the cob.
Meanwhile, prep the vegan refried beans and prepare the habanero cream sauce.
And whether you’re making these from scratch, or not, I always prefer to buy the shells pre-made. Perfectly crispy, and no need to heat up any oil.
How to serve Vegan Grilled Corn Tostadas
When you have everything prepared, start an assembly line and prepare the tostadas. Add a layer of beans to each shell followed by shredded lettuce, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and habanero cream sauce.
Make sure to have plenty of lime wedges on the side and get ready to dig in.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Grilled Corn Tostadas
FOR THE HABANERO SAUCE
FOR THE TOSTADAS
- refried beans*
- 8 tostada shells
- lettuce shredded
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 avocados sliced
- cilantro chopped
- lime wedges
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush some olive oil on the corn and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place on the grill and cook until charred on all sides (approx. 15 minutes). Remove from the grill and cool until it can be easily handled. Cut the corn off the cobs and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with chili powder and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the habanero cream sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Prepare the refried beans.
- Before serving, heat the tostada shells in the oven – place them directly on the oven rack at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- To assemble, spread a layer of beans on each tostada followed by lettuce, corn, tomatoes, avocado, habanero cream sauce and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!