These Roasted Corn Tostadas with Vegan Habanero Cream Sauce are the perfect summer dinner – crunchy tortillas are topped with refried beans, charred corn and a habanero cream sauce.
It may be Taco Tuesday, but we are switching things up with these super tasty Roasted Corn Tostadas. I mean tostadas…tacos…close enough, right?
And guys, these really are soooooo good. They are loaded with all kinds of goodies. Lots of veggies, fiber-packed refried beans and that Habanero Cream Sauce I shared with you yesterday. Are you drooling yet?
So the base of any good tostada is refried beans. This will act as the glue for the rest of your toppings.
TSV TIP: I personally love the fat-free refried beans from Trader Joe’s, but if you don’t have access to those, I also like the Rosarita vegetarian refried beans. You can find these at any grocery store, and even though they say “vegetarian” – they are definitely vegan.
The next layer is our roasted corn. To get the corn ears nice and charred you can cook them a couple of different ways. Either throw them on the grill or set your oven to broil and place the ears on a baking sheet. Whichever method you use you will want to brush the corn with some oil and keep a super close eye on them so they don’t burn.
The rest of the veggie toppings are totally optional.
I opted for shredded lettuce, tomatoes, pickled jalapeños, and cilantro.
To finish these off, just add a drizzle of that Habanero Cream Sauce and get to eating. Don’t worry if you make a mess while eating these – that is supposed to happen. Scoop everything that falls onto your plate together for a mini-salad afterwards.
Roasted Corn Tostadas with Vegan Habanero Cream Sauce
- Vegan Habanero Cream Sauce*
- 2 ears corn chucked
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 15 oz can refried beans
- 8 tostada shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato diced
- pickled jalapeños
- cilantro chopped
- Prepare Vegan Habanero Cream Sauce and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Brush corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. If grilling, place corn directly on a hot grill and turn until charred on all sides. If roasting, turn oven to broil and place corn on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven, turning until charred on all sides. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes (or until you are able to handle the corn).
- Add beans to a pot and place on the oven over medium heat. Add a splash of water to the beans and stir until smooth. Turn heat to low and simmer until ready to use.
- Stand corn upright on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut kernels off of the cob.
- To assemble, spread a layer of beans on each tostada followed by a spoonful of corn, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro and a drizzle of Habanero Cream Sauce.
- Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!