These Healthy Cauliflower Taco Bowls combine all of your favorite taco flavors in one simple recipe. Ready in just 30 minutes, this is the perfect vegan weeknight dinner!
I know we went full on decadence with the Creamy White Wine Vegan Gnocchi recipe I shared with you yesterday.
And since every week needs balance....
Today we are taking a left turn and getting all of our veggies in with these Healthy Cauliflower Taco Bowls.
Don't worry though.
We aren't skimping out on any flavor.
This cauliflower taco "meat" is the real deal.
Seasoned with all of the traditional taco seasonings and sauteed with red onion, bell pepper and pinto beans.
This really is a complete meal.
To keep it simple, the bulk of the seasoning comes from a good ol' taco seasoning packet.
I like the one from Trader Joe's (since it literally just has spices - no weird chemicals), but use whichever you prefer.
Since we are using a whole pound of cauliflower in this recipe, we will also add in some additional paprika and chili powder to make sure every little piece is seasoned to perfection.
And per usual, this recipe calls for another one of my stand-by flavor enhancers - Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Broth.
I get mine at Whole Foods or online here.
TSV TIP: Need a lower sodium broth option? Go with a low-sodium veggie broth. It may not add the same amount of flavor as the "chicken" option, so just taste to adjust the seasonings at the end as needed.
Once your cauliflower "meat" is cooked through, you'll just need to assemble your bowls with your favorite taco toppings.
I went with a bed of spinach, avocado, jalapenos and cilantro.
Some other ideas would be shredded lettuce, salsa, corn, hot sauce, tortilla strips.
Literally anything you would put on a taco, you can put in this bowl.
Comment below with the taco toppings you would love to add to this bowl.
This reheats really well, so this is perfect for meal prepping.
I love making something like this on Sundays - separate it into individual containers and then have lunch ready to go all week long.
I don't know about you, but I have no problem eating the same thing for lunch everyday - especially if it makes my mornings less stressful.
Healthy Cauliflower Taco Bowls
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base* or 1 cup broth of choice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 16 oz cauliflower rice
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- salt if needed
- optional toppings spinach, cilantro, jalapeno slices, avocado
- Combine bouillon and water in a cup. Set aside until broth is called for.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion and bell pepper to the pan. Saute until veggies become slightly tender (approx. 3-5 minutes).
- Stir in cauliflower rice, taco seasoning, paprika, chili powder, pinto beans and broth. Bring to a bowl, then simmer on low until all of the broth is absorbed (approx. 10-12 minutes).
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Remove from heat.
- Serve cauliflower "meat" with any optional toppings you would like.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!