These Chickpea Lentil Taco Rice Bowls are filled with brown rice, spinach, roasted chickpeas & vegan taco lentil meat. All topped off with chimichurri.
If you follow my on Instagram, then you got a sneak peak of these bowls a couple of weeks ago. I was raving about them, because they are literally one of the best things I have ever eaten!
There are so many flavors, so many textures and just so much good stuff going on in these bowls.
How to make these Chickpea Lentil Taco Rice Bowls
While it may seem like there is a lot going on in this recipe, I promise you that everything comes together really quickly, and the ingredients are all easy to find.
To start things off, coat the chickpeas in seasonings and roast them until slightly crispy. Trust me when I say, you are going to want to put these chickpeas on everything!
While the chickpeas are roasting, prepare the lentils. These lentils are seasoned to perfection by using soyrizo, taco seasoning and a dollop of chimichurri. You could easily use any leftover lentils in tacos the next day.
TSV TIP: I always buy my lentils pre-cooked. You can usually find them in the produce section of your grocery store.
To assemble, layer fresh greens, cooked brown rice, lentils and chickpeas in each bowl. Top the bowls with green onion, cilantro, avocado, lime juice and a drizzle of chimichurri.
These make the best dinner and even better leftovers.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Chickpea Lentil Taco Rice Bowls
FOR THE CHICKPEAS
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
FOR THE LENTILS
FOR THE BOWLS
- 2 cups cooked brown rice**
- 4 cups spinach or greens of choice
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 lime
- green onion & cilantro chopped
- tortillas optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add all of the chickpea ingredients to the baking sheet and toss to combine. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Prepare the chimichurri according to the instructions and set aside.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, prepare the lentils. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and taco seasoning to the pan and cook until soft (approx. 3-5 minutes). Add the soyrizo and lime juice to the pan and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cooked lentils, bouillon, water and chimichurri to the pan and stir to combine. Keep pan on low heat until ready to serve.
- To assemble, add equal parts of brown rice, spinach, lentils and chickpeas to each bowl. Top with avocados, lime wedges, green onion, cilantro and chimichurri. Serve with warm tortillas on the side.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!