Crispy Bean & Rice Folded Wrap
This Crispy Bean & Rice Folded Wrap is a super easy lunch or dinner. Filled with homemade Mexican rice, beans and veggies!
This Crispy Bean & Rice Folded Wrap is like a mix between a quesadilla and a traditional wrap. Beans, rice, avocado, lettuce and pico are loaded up in a big tortilla, wrapped up and cooked until crispy. Served up with a lighter vegan ranch & hot sauce. These make a great weeknight dinner or an easy on-the-go lunch!
How to Prep the Filling
If you haven’t tried my Mexican Rice recipe, then this is the perfect time to give it a whirl. It is super easy and gives these wraps a little something special. Plus, you can use the leftovers in taco bowls the next day. You can also sub a pre-made rice packet, but if you have a couple extra minutes, I’d make it from scratch.
The beans are kept simple. You just need 1 can of black beans and a couple tablespoons of taco seasoning. Cook that down in a skillet, adding water as needed, then gently mash until you like the consistency. I personally like to keep some of the beans intact for more texture.
The rest of the filling consists of avocado, pico and shredded lettuce. You can make the pico yourself, or buy it pre-made like I did. This recipe can be as simple as you want it to be.
How to assemble
These wraps are extra fun because of the way they are assembled. Just grab a knife and cut a slit in the tortilla from the center down to the bottom. Now you have 4 easily visible quadrants.
Take your ingredients and add one to each quadrant – being sure not to overfill. Starting in the bottom left corner, fold up and work your way around clockwise. Now, you’re going to be left with a perfectly folded wrap and you can give it a quick fry.
You don’t need a lot of oil to fry these, just a light coating in the bottom of a skillet.
How to Serve
If you thought I wasn’t going to serve these wraps with a sauce, then do we even know each other? I whipped up a cilantro yogurt ranch that is my absolute favorite. It is lower in calories, but doesn’t skip on those traditional ranch flavors.
I also added some hot sauce and extra pico. The more sauces the better! Get to dipping and dig in!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this Crispy Bean & Rice Folded Wrap I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Crispy Bean & Rice Folded Wrap
- Prepare the Mexican rice according to the instructions.*
- Meanwhile, add the beans, taco seasoning and a couple tablespoons of water to a skillet over medium heat. Cook until heated through and gently mash some of the beans.
- To assemble, lay a tortilla on a flat surface and use a knife to cut a slit from the center of the tortilla to the bottom.
- Starting in the bottom left corner and working clockwise, add a layer of beans, rice, shredded lettuce & avocado/pico. Following the same path, fold the bottom left corner up then around until you have all sides folded in. Repeat with remaining wraps.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the wrap in the skillet and cook, flipping, until browned on both sides. Remove from the pan and repeat with remaining wraps. Serve hot with ranch, lime wedges & hot sauce.