These Simple Mexican Quinoa Bowls are a great weeknight dinner or meal prepped lunch. Served with a Chipotle Cilantro Vinaigrette!
I have been attempting to integrate more whole grain foods into my daily diet and these Simple Mexican Quinoa Bowls are a super easy and delicious way to do that! Lots of plant protein, fiber and of course…a delicious sauce. These are great for meal prepping too!
How to make Simple Mexican Quinoa Bowls
This recipe does require a couple of different steps. But once all of the individual components are done, it is super easy to assemble these bowls. The most important part of this recipe (aka where the flavor comes from) is the Chipotle Cilantro Vinaigrette!
The vinaigrette is what flavors the quinoa and the tomato corn salsa. It is a little smoky, tangy and sweet. The perfect flavor combo.
Prepare the quinoa according to the package instructions and add most of the Chipotle Cilantro Vinaigrette. Toss it to combine and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Use the remaining vinaigrette to dress the salsa and let that marinate in the fridge as well.
How to serve Simple Mexican Quinoa Bowls
Once everything marinates, it is time to bring the bowls together. Load each bowl with some quinoa, black beans, salsa and avocado slices. Then top the bowls off with some vegan crema (aka my version of vegan sour cream), cilantro & lime wedges.
These are great for meal prep – get everything prepped on a Sunday and eat all week!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Simple Mexican Quinoa Bowls
FOR THE CHIPOTLE CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo from a can
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 limes juiced, to taste
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
FOR THE TOMATO CORN SALSA
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/4 red onion diced
FOR THE VEGAN CREMA
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/2 lime juiced
- pepper to taste, optional
FOR THE BOWLS
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados sliced
- cilantro, lime wedges for serving
- Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until combined, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the tomato corn salsa ingredients to a bowl with 2 tbsp of the vinaigrette. Place in the fridge to marinate.*
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package instructions. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining vinaigrette. Toss to combine and place in the fridge to marinate.
- Combine the vegan crema ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- To assemble, layer equal amounts of quinoa, black beans, tomato corn salsa and avocado in 4 bowls. Serve with cilantro, crema and lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!