This Simple Vegan Mexican Rice is made with simple ingredients and tastes just like authentic Mexican rice from a restaurant. Perfect side dish!
I have spent a longgggggg time trying to get this recipe just right. The ingredients are simple, but finding the perfect combination of them can be tricky. But, I can finally say that I have the BEST vegan Mexican rice recipe for you!
How to make Simple Vegan Mexican Rice
Making this rice is beyond easy and a perfect beginner recipe.
You will melt some vegan butter in a pan and then add rice. You want to use a long-grain rice like Basmati or Jasmine. I went with Basmati. Add some chopped garlic and stir, stir, stir. You want the rice and garlic to get toasted but not burn!
Once you smell that toasty goodness, add the broth (I went with my favorite vegan chicken broth), tomato sauce and cumin. That's it! Just bring it to a boil, cover and lower the heat. Once all of the liquid is absorbed you are ready to eat. Just give the rice once last fluff with a fork and taste it to see if you need to add salt. Seriously easy.
What to serve Simple Vegan Mexican Rice with
Simple Vegan Mexican Rice
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 cup long-grain rice I used Basmati rice
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2 cups broth*
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt if needed
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add rice and garlic and lower heat to medium. Cook until rice smells toasted (approx 2-3 minutes), stirring frequently so it doesn't burn.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce and cumin to the pan. Bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Fluff the rice with a fork. Taste and add salt if needed.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!