These Vegan Buffalo Sriracha Chicken Wraps are the perfect on the go lunch. Soy curl chicken wings, non-dairy caesar dressing, avocado and veggies!
I don't know about you, but store-bought wraps are usually a disappointment. Which is why I am on a mission to bring you more homemade wraps. These ones are filled with crispy homemade "chicken" wings made out of soy curls. They are drenched in a buffalo sriracha sauce and then put in a wrap with avocado, romaine and tomatoes. Add a drizzle of vegan caesar dressing and serve with your favorite fries.
How to Make Soy Curl Chicken Wings
Start out by soaking the soy curls in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain them and press out as much liquid as possible. If there are any large pieces, take some scissors and cut them up.
In a bowl, combine flour, non-dairy milk and buffalo sauce. Add the soaked soy curls and toss to coat. Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes - don't let them sit longer than 30 minutes. The goal isn't to freeze them, it is to firm the batter up so they are easier to shape.
The breading is a combo of crushed pretzels, dried chives, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Add it all to a shallow dish and toss to combine.
To make the wings, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of soy curls and press them together in your hands - if the batter is too wet, you can add 1-2 more tablespoons of flour to the bowl. This is a VERY messy process, but you just need to trust me (and be prepared to rinse your hands between each step). I like to form 3-4 wings, place them in the breading, rinse/dry my hands, then press the breading into the wings. You really need to get in there with your hands so that it sticks.
Repeat this process until all of the wings have been formed. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and then bake another 5-10 minutes.
How to Make the Sauces
There are two VERY tasty sauces going on in this recipe - a buffalo sriracha sauce and a vegan caesar. To make the buffalo sriracha sauce, melt vegan butter in a sauce pan, then add olive oil, buffalo sauce, sriracha, vinegar and pepper. Whisk until combined and bubbling. Remove from the heat and set aside.
The vegan caesar is one I've used many times. It is creamy, tart and delicious. You've seen it in my Chickpea Caesar Salad Wraps, Brussels & Kale Vegan Caesar and Tempeh Caesar Salad Pitas. Just add everything to a food processor and pulse until combined.
How to Assemble
Chop up a head of romaine and add it to a large bowl with some celery. Add half of the caesar dressing and toss to coat. I like to serve the leftover dressing on the side with the wraps.
When the chicken strips are done baking, remove them from the oven and drizzle with the buffalo sriracha sauce. If you want the chicken to stay extra crispy, you can skip this step and just serve the buffalo sauce on the side. Both ways taste great!
To each wrap, layer the romaine, tomato slices, avocado and chicken strips. Roll it up and slice in half. Serve the extra sauces on the side with a handful of fries or chips.
Tip to Cut Down Prep Time
Obviously, making the chicken strips from scratch is the most time consuming part of this recipe. If you don't have the time to make them, you can always buy frozen chicken strips, cook them according to the package instructions, and then drizzle with the buffalo sriracha sauce.
You can also prep a batch of the chicken wings, freeze them, and then reheat in the oven/air fryer right before making the wraps.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Vegan Buffalo Sriracha Chicken Wraps I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Vegan Buffalo Sriracha Chicken Wraps
FOR THE BUFFALO SRIRACHA SAUCE
FOR THE CAESAR DRESSING
FOR THE WRAPS
- 1 head romaine chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2 avocados sliced
- 6 large wraps
- Add the soy curls to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Drain the soy curls and rinse with cold water. Use your hands to squeeze out as much water as possible.*
- Combine the non-dairy milk, flour and buffalo sauce in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the drained soy curls and toss to combine. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.**
- Meanwhile, combine the pretzels and dry seasonings in a shallow bowl.
- To make the buffalo sriracha sauce, melt the vegan butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until combined and bubbly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the soy curls from the freezer. Spoon out 2-3 tablespoons of soy curls and press together in your hands and place in the pretzel breading.*** Use your hands to really press the breading into the wings. Transfer the completed wings to the baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon over the buffalo sriracha sauce.
- Add all of the caesar dressing ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add the romaine and celery to a large bowl. Pour over about ½ of the caesar dressing and toss to coat.
- To assemble, add romaine, tomato slices, avocado and chicken wings to the center of each wrap. Fold up, cut in half and serve with the leftover sauces on the side.