A quick, simple and delicious vegan lunch - these Mediterranean Quinoa Wraps have chilled quinoa, lots of veggies and vegan feta!
These Mediterranean Quinoa Wraps are the perfect end of Summer lunch or easy dinner. You can prep all of the ingredients ahead of time for fast & easy assembly and there is very little cooking. The vegan feta gives these wraps some tang, the quinoa adds some fiber/protein and the drizzle of basil pesto adds so much fresh flavor.
How to Prep the Filling
Start out by cooking and cooling the quinoa. My two pro tips for cooking quinoa is to:
- Rinse the quinoa. I'm normally too lazy to do this with other grains, like rice. But I think it is 100% necessary when cooking quinoa from scratch. You run the risk of having crunchy quinoa if you don't...nobody wants that.
- Cooking the quinoa in broth gives it SO...MUCH...FLAVOR! You can also just use water, but I'm telling you, broth is the way to go.
Once the quinoa is done, I like to let it cool before using it in the wraps. If you're in a hurry, just pop the cooked quinoa in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
While the quinoa is cooking, grab all of your other ingredients:
- roasted red peppers - drained & dried
- vegan feta - I get mine at Trader Joe's
- sun-dried tomatoes
- red onion
- basil pesto - I used pre-made
How to Assemble
Now that everything is prepped, grab your favorite wraps (I used spinach wraps) and start layering everything. Add the spinach first, then the quinoa and then everything else. Finish it off with a drizzle of pesto and wrap it up. Slice it in half and serve with extra pesto on the side.
These can definitely be prepped ahead of time, stored in a glass container and kept in the fridge. Some options to serve on the side are a fruit salad, pasta salad, chips or hummus/crackers.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Mediterranean Quinoa Wraps I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Mediterranean Quinoa Wraps
- 1 cup quinoa dry
- 2 cups broth or sub water
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers drained, dried and sliced in strips
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 3 ounces vegan feta crumbled - I used Trader Joe's
- ¼ cup vegan pesto
- 5 wraps I used spinach wraps
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer, then add to a pot with the broth. Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes - or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.*
- While the quinoa is cooking, prep all of the other ingredients.
- To assemble, layer each ingredient down the center of each wrap and roll it up. Slice in half and serve with extra pesto on the side.