These Beer Battered Cauliflower Buffalo Wings are the perfect balance of spice and crunch. A vegan game day recipe that everyone will love!
We're less than a week away from the big game. And whether you watch the game - or just watch the commercials - yummy snacks are a must.
At least in my house they are.
I truly believe that vegans make the best game day snacks. That's probably because you can literally take any traditional game day food and vegan-ize it.
And what's better than having all of the flavors you've always known and loved without using any animal products?
How to make Beer Battered Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
It's pretty freaking ridiculous what you can do with veggies and a little creativity. Today we're using one of my favorite veggies...cauliflower. You guys have seen me use cauliflower a lot.
Cauliflower can take on any flavor you want it to and can be cooked in so many different ways. For this recipe we are not only slathering cauliflower florets in a beer-based/buffalo batter but we are are going all out and frying them too.
Yep, we're not doing any baking, just straight to the oil bath. This is going to give you the best crunch. And let's be honest, crunch is the most important part of a good wing.
How to serve Beer Battered Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
After the cauliflower is nice and crunchy, you have a couple options when it comes to applying your sauce.
You can toss everything together and call it a day. The problem with this is you will lose some of the crunch. AND you need to eat them right away.
They'll still taste amazing, but the soggy timer starts as soon as the buffalo sauce hits the wings.
If you want to take your time with your wings (and keep them super crunchy), then I would serve the buffalo sauce on the side and just dip the wings directly into it as you go.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Beer Battered Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
FOR THE BATTER
FOR THE WINGS
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 head cauliflower cut in florets
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- vegan ranch
- Combine the flax meal and water in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine flax meal mixture, flour, beer, buffalo sauce and garlic powder in a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Pour 2 inches of oil into a large pan. Insert deep fry thermometer and heat oil to 360 degrees.
- While oil is heating up, cut cauliflower into florets. Working in batches, dip florets into the batter, letting excess drip off. Carefully add cauliflower into the oil. Do this until the pan is full (do not overcrowd the pan).
- Fry, using a slotted spatula to rotate pieces as they cook until evenly golden brown all over (approx. 5-7 minutes). Remove from the oil with the same slotted spatula and place on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Heat remaining buffalo sauce and vegan butter in a small pan over medium heat. Serve wings with buffalo sauce* and vegan ranch.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!