Vegan Cauliflower Meatballs
These Vegan Cauliflower Meatballs are perfect for an easy dinner and packed full of healthy ingredients – plus they taste AMAZING! Serve over pasta with a classic marinara.
I’ve tried a lot of the faux meats out there.
The burgers, the hot dogs, the bacon, the sausage, the chicken.
And while I think a lot of it tastes really good, there have definitely been a few duds.
What do you expect though?
Vegans have been around forever. But packaged vegan food has just seen a huge boom over the last couple years.
It’s going to take some time to perfect everything. Plus, we all have different tastebuds.
I hear vegans say all the time that nutritional yeast tastes like cheese.
Meanwhile I taste chalk.
Hence why you will rarely see me use it in a recipe.
And while I have found plenty of meat substitutes that I love. One thing I haven’t been able to buy pre-made is a good vegan meatball.
And just because I haven’t had it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
But if I can create it at home, quickly & easily and made out of whole food ingredients, then why not do that instead?
I mean, it tastes good and is good for you…I’m down with that.
That is where these Vegan Cauliflower Meatballs come in.
We’re talking crispy on the outside, moist on the inside.
We’re talking fresh garlic & onions mixed in with Italian seasoning, bread crumbs and riced cauliflower.
If you’re scared of cauliflower, the time has come to move past your fear.
Believe me – I was afraid of it at a point in my life too.
I know it can have a funky smell while you’re cooking it. But with the right spices, you can transform cauliflower into a really amazing meal.
And in this recipe in particular, you’re not even going to know there is cauliflower in there.
Once you have your meatballs crispy and delicious, you can serve them with your favorite marinara sauce, fresh basil and vegan parmesan.
Or add some pasta into the mix for a super filling meal.
You could even serve these over zucchini noodles to really pile on the veggies.
These are sure to be a hit with everyone at your dinner table!
Need a tasty homemade marinara to go with those meatballs? Try out my Spicy Marinara Sauce recipe.
Vegan Cauliflower Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread cauliflower florets on baking sheet and drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil on top. Mix to spread oil evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent (approx. 5-7 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven.
- Add cauliflower, oats and garlic & onion mixture to a food processor. Pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper and remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Take 2 tablespoons of mixture in your hand and roll into a ball.* Place finished balls on a parchment lined baking sheet.** Once all of the balls have been formed, place them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.***
- Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the same pan and place on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Place meatballs in the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until browned on all sides and warmed through. Lower heat to medium if they begin to brown too quickly.
- Serve with warm marinara, fresh basil and vegan parmesan.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!