This White Bean Gnocchi Soup is comforting, simple & delicious. Filled with veggies, herbs and mini gnocchi. The best vegan soup!
I have been on a serious soup kick the last couple months. There are just so many combinations of flavors and nothing is better than a bowl of warm soup when it is cold out. This soup comes together super quickly, is veggie-packed and super filling. Make a batch and eat it all week!
Let's Talk Gnocchi
Before we get into how to make this soup, I wanted to talk about the gnocchi I used. I always buy my gnocchi pre-made (it's super easy to find vegan-friendly options). But when I came across MINI GNOCCHI, I knew I needed to make them into a soup. They are super cute and perfectly bite-sized for a spoonful of soup.
If you can't find these mini gnocchi, you can totally use the regular size! Just note that no matter what size of gnocchi you use, as the soup sits (aka leftovers), the gnocchi will continue to absorb the broth. You have a couple of options - either add extra broth to the leftovers OR cook the gnocchi separately and add it to each bowl as you eat!
How to Make the Soup
Start out by heating some olive oil in a stock pot. Add in the onions, garlic, celery, carrots and dry seasonings. Let the veggies cook down for 5 minutes - you want them to be slightly tender and fragrant.
Pour in the broth (I used vegan chicken broth) and a can of white beans. Bring this to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. This will allow the veggies to fully cook.
Pour in a cup of non-dairy milk & the gnocchi and simmer for another 10 minutes. Right before serving, stir in a couple of handfuls of spinach (or sub kale) and let it cook until it is just wilted.
Serve it Up
When it comes to serving, I like adding fresh basil or parsley and a side of garlic toast. Because is there anything more comforting than garlic toast with soup? I think not. To make the garlic toast, just cut up a baguette, spread some vegan butter on each slice and sprinkle with garlic powder, garlic salt & dried parsley. Pop these in the oven, or air fryer, for about 10 minutes. It's ok if the bread dries out a bit, that will make it perfect for dipping!
From all of the veggies, to the tender gnocchi to the crispy garlic toast...this vegan soup is a must make!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this White Bean Gnocchi Soup I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
White Bean Gnocchi Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- red pepper flakes optional, to taste
- 4 cups broth I used vegan chicken broth
- 1 cup white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pound mini gnocchi or regular gnocchi
- 2 large handful spinach
- 1 cup non-dairy milk unsweetened
- basil, garlic toast for serving
- Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and dry seasonings. Cook down for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in the broth & beans, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the non-dairy milk & gnocchi* and boil for another 10 minutes.
- Right before serving add in the spinach and cook until just wilted. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve hot with fresh basil and garlic toast.