This Creamy Vegan Gnocchi Soup has all of the flavors of chicken noodle soup with none of the chicken. This is comfort in a bowl.
As the cold weather hits, I find myself recreating all of my favorite comfort meals from my pre-vegan days.
And one of my favorites so far is this Creamy Vegan Gnocchi Soup.
It has all of the flavor of chicken noodle soup, without the chicken...obviously.
This soup is the perfect meal to curl up on the couch with and watch a good movie.
It will make your whole house smell comforting and full of Fall flavors.
If you aren't a fan of gnocchi, you can swap it out for pasta.
And that is the Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken Base.
You can get it at Whole Foods or buy it online here.
I swear this is a necessity for all vegans!
Use it in anything that would normally call for chicken broth.
Serve this with hot sauce for an extra kick - I prefer Tabasco.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
Creamy Vegan Gnocchi Soup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 4-5 stalks celery diced
- 5 whole carrots diced
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 tsp. Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base
- 4 cups + 3 tbsp. water separated
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 package gnocchi
- pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: fresh parsley + tabasco
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, celery and carrots and sauté until veggies are softened (approx. 10 minutes).
- Dissolve cornstarch in 3 tbsp. water in a small bowl.
- Dissolve bouillon in 4 cups water to create "chicken" broth.
- Add cornstarch mixture, "chicken" broth and almond milk to veggies. Bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi and spices and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste to adjust seasonings and serve with fresh parsley and tabasco.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!