Creamy Quinoa Gnocchi Soup
This Creamy Quinoa Gnocchi Soup is the perfect vegan soup. Lots of veggies, a creamy tomato broth, quinoa and pre-made gnocchi!
Soup season is in full swing…and I am here for it! This soup is hearty, but still light enough to eat for lunch. The broth is a mix of vegan chicken broth (or veggie), crushed tomatoes and non-dairy cream. There is fiber and protein from the chickpeas and quinoa. There are plenty of veggies. AND gnocchi makes everything taste better. It’s just the perfect mix.
How to make Creamy Quinoa Gnocchi Soup
This soup starts out the same way as most soups. Cooking down onions, garlic, carrots and seasonings in a little bit of oil, until tender. After a few minutes, add some sun-dried tomatoes and cook a few more minutes.
Add in the chickpeas, quinoa, crushed tomatoes and broth. Bring it to a boil, cover partially and lower heat. Let the soup cook down for 20-ish minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked through.
5 minutes before serving, add the gnocchi, non-dairy cream and your greens of choice (I used spinach). Once the gnocchi floats to the top, you’ll know it’s ready. Give it one last taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
How to serve Creamy Quinoa Gnocchi Soup
When it comes to serving this soup, you really don’t have to do much – it is a pretty complete meal on its own. BUT, some little extras that make this even better are fresh basil and a side of crusty bread. Because dunking bread in soup is the best!
This soup holds up well as leftovers, but the quinoa will continue to absorb the broth as it sits. So if you prefer your leftovers to have a more brothy consistency, then I would cook the quinoa separately and add it to individual portions.
This is a super easy vegan soup and definitely needs to be on your rotation in the colder months!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Creamy Quinoa Gnocchi Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa dry
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes I used fire roasted
- 4 cups broth*
- 1 cup non-dairy cream**
- 16 ounces gnocchi
- 2 cups spinach roughly torn
- fresh basil for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper. Cook down for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, quinoa,*** crushed tomatoes & broth and bring to a boil. Partially cover, lower heat and simmer for 20-ish minutes (or until quinoa is cooked through).
- 5 minutes before serving add the gnocchi, non-dairy cream and spinach. Cook until the gnocchi float to the top.
- Serve hot with fresh basil.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!