This Pan Seared Vegan Pesto Gnocchi combines gnocchi that have been browned in vegan butter with…
This Simple Vegan Pesto Gnocchi takes just 20 minutes to whip up and is the perfect dinner for two when you want something fresh and comforting.
If you haven’t noticed, I have a slight obsession with pesto – Pesto Pizza with Balsamic Glaze, Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Pesto, Potato Wedges with Pesto Hummus – just a few of the many pesto recipes I have shared here at TSV.
And today I am back with more basil-packed, green goodness in the form of this Simple Vegan Pesto Gnocchi. This takes just 20 minutes to whip up and is the perfect dinner for two when you are short on time but want something fresh and comforting.
I don’t think there is anything better than fresh, homemade pesto. And since most store bought versions aren’t vegan, it gives us the extra kick in the butt we need to make it ourselves. Your tastebuds appreciate it, I assure you.
Most gnocchi is vegan, but always be sure to check the ingredients since unlike pasta, there are a couple brands that have dairy in them.
Simple Vegan Pesto Gnocchi
- 2 cups fresh basil packed
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package gnocchi
- Optional Toppings: pine nuts vegan parmesan, red pepper flakes
- FOR THE PESTO: Add basil, pine nuts, parmesan and lemon juice to a food processor. Pulse for 30 seconds, or until everything begins to break up and combine. With the food processor on low, drizzle olive oil in until pesto reaches desired consistency. Add salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
- FOR THE GNOCCHI: Bring a pot of water to boil. Add gnocchi to the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until gnocchi float to the top. Drain and add cooked gnocchi and pesto back to the pan. Stir to combine and serve. Top with additional toppings. Enjoy!