I'm sad to say our Week of Arugula is coming to an end. sigh.
But don't be too sad because we're ending it with a bang - and my favorite of the 4 recipes.
This White Bean Arugula Salad is going to be your new obsession. It is light and full of flavor.
I don't think I knew how much I loved red onion until I made this salad.
The greens are topped with flavorful veggies, protein packed beans and an arugula basil pesto/chimichurri sauce. Guys...this sauce is eve-ery-thing! It has the nutty + herby flavor of pesto plus the kick of vinegar in chimichurri. Aka...the perfect combo.
Want to make this an even heartier meal? Add some No Oil Roasted Potatoes to the mix.
And now its time for our final Arugula Fact of the week: Ever hear the term "salad rocket" or "rocket"? That's what arugula is called in the UK - it is derived from the French word roquette.
White Bean Arugula Salad
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup arugula
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE SALAD
- 3 cups arugula packed
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 package grape tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ to ½ red onion julienned (to taste)
- Add dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Serve salad and top with dressing.