Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
This Vegan Whipped Feta Dip is BEYOND addicting! The whipped dip is topped with oven roasted tomatoes and Calabrian chili paste for a little kick!
You NEED to make this Vegan Whipped Feta Dip for your next party – mostly so you don’t eat the whole batch like I did! The creamy dip is amazing on its own, but the addition of the burst tomatoes, garlic, Calabrian chili paste and fresh basil, takes this to the next level. Serve it up with toasted bread and be prepared to be addicted.
How to Roast the Tomatoes
These roasted tomatoes are super easy and add so much flavor to this dish! Add the cherry tomatoes to a baking dish and drizzle with a good chug of olive oil. Chop up a couple cloves of garlic and add them to the tomatoes. Sprinkle on some salt & pepper and give everything a good toss. Place in the oven at 425 and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the tomatoes have started to burst.
Remove the tomatoes from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. This will keep them from melting the dip.
How to Make Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
The feta I used for this dip is from Trader Joe’s and it is my absolute favorite. If you can’t get your hands on it, there are some other brands out there that should work as well.
Drain and crumble the feta and add it to a food processor with non-dairy yogurt, non-dairy mayo, garlic, lemon zest and dried herbs. To get that nice creamy texture, run the food processor longer than you think you need to. And be sure to scrape down the sides as you go.
Once everything is nice and combined, place the dip in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
How to Serve the Dip
It is now time to assemble. Spread the feta dip out in a bowl. Spoon the tomatoes over the dip – being sure to get plenty of the the tomato juices/oil.
Now, to make this dip extra special (and add a kick), I also added some Calabrian chili paste. I am so obsessed with this stuff. It just adds something extra special.
And lastly, drop on some fresh basil.
I like to serve this with toasted baguette slices. You could also serve it with pita bread or some thick cut veggies.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Vegan Whipped Feta Dip I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Vegan Whipped Feta Dip
FOR THE TOMATOES
FOR THE FETA DIP
- 7 ounces vegan feta crumbled, I used Trader Joe's
- 4 ounces non-dairy yogurt unsweetened, I used Kite Hill
- 4 ounces vegan mayo
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Calabrian chili paste optional, for serving
- fresh basil for serving
- toasted baguette slices for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add all of the tomato ingredients to a baking dish and toss to combine. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they start to burst. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, prepare the dip. Add all of the dip ingredients (through the dry seasonings) to a food processor. Pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go. It will take between 3-5 minutes to get a completely smooth texture. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To assemble, spread the dip in a shallow platter. Top with the tomatoes, being sure to add plenty of the juices/oil from the baking dish. Spoon over Calabrian chili paste to taste and top with fresh basil.
- Serve at room temperature with toasted baguettes.