Whipped Vegan Feta with Herb Potatoes
This Whipped Vegan Feta with Herb Potatoes is the perfect side dish. Made with Trader Joe’s vegan feta and crispy fingerling potatoes.
Today I am sharing another recipe in our Trader Joe’s series. We are taking their vegan feta, whipping it up and serving it with crispy, herby, fingerling potatoes. This is a great side dish for the Spring!
And if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, I will give you lots of options for substitutions!
How to make the Whipped Vegan Feta
Although this recipe is all about the feta and potatoes, the underlying flavor comes from roasted garlic. And for this recipe we are roasting TWO heads of garlic. To do this, cut the tops off of 2 garlic heads and place each on a piece of foil. Drizzle with oil, fold the foil up, and roast for 30-40 minutes in the oven.
Once the garlic is cooked and cooled squeeze out the cloves from one of the heads into a food processor. Drain the vegan feta from the brine it comes in and add it to the food processor along with the juice from a lemon, olive oil and some non-dairy milk. Pulse until combined and add more non-dairy milk until smooth.
How to make the Herb Potatoes
To make the fingerling potatoes, give them a scrub and cut any large ones in half. Add to a baking sheet with olive oil & pepper and roast for 30 minutes, or until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
To a bowl add the other head of roasted garlic, parsley, basil, olive oil, lemon juice & salt. Add the roasted potatoes and toss to combine.
How to assemble Whipped Vegan Feta with Herb Potatoes
To assemble, spread the whipped feta out on a serving dish or in a large bowl. Top with the potatoes and serve! The vegan feta is super tangy, the potatoes are crispy and the roasted garlic brings everything together.
This is the ultimate side dish and would be great at Easter or a Spring party.
Substitutions for Trader Joe’s Vegan Feta
The Trader Joe’s vegan feta is VERY tangy. If you want something less tangy I would recommend subbing with my Vegan Tofu Ricotta.
There are also other brands that make vegan feta. You could easily sub a different brand if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you.
I also think that non-dairy yogurt would be a good sub.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Whipped Vegan Feta with Herb Potatoes
FOR THE WHIPPED FETA
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the tops off of the garlic heads to expose the cloves. Place each head on it's own piece of foil. Drizzle the exposed garlic cloves with olive oil and wrap the foil up around it tightly. Place both bulbs on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Increase the oven heat to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scrub the potatoes and cut any large ones in half. Spread out on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and pepper. Toss to coat and place in the oven. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, squeeze out the cloves from one of the heads of garlic into a food processor. Add the drained vegan feta, lemon juice, olive oil and a splash of non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth – scraping down the sides as needed and adding more non-dairy milk until it is smooth and creamy. Taste and add salt if needed. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- To a bowl add the cloves from the other head of garlic. Use a fork to smash the cloves into a paste. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the chopped herbs & lemon juice and stir to combine. When the potatoes are done, add them to the herbs and toss to coat. Add salt to taste.
- To serve, spread out the whipped vegan feta on a serving platter. Top with the warm potatoes and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!