Ok. I know Thanksgiving was a few weeks ago, but you don't need to make the full deal meal to make these Vegan Thanksgiving Leftover Wraps. You will get all of the flavor of Thanksgiving, and you can have it anytime you want.
The star of this show is the "beef" gravy. Similar to the "chicken" gravy I shared with you in my Vegan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy recipe with just a couple small changes. You will need the Vegetarian Beef Better Than Bouillon - which you can find at Whole Foods or online here. I've used the Better Than Bouillon vegan options in a ton of recipes because they really pack a ton of flavor. Once you buy it you will use it all of the time - trust me!
This is the perfect wrap if you want to get holiday meal flavors without cooking all day.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
Vegan Thanksgiving Leftover Wraps
- FOR THE GRAVY
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2-4 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian Beef Flavor
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- FOR THE WRAPS
- 2 to rtillas
- 1 can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup leftover wild rice
- 1 cup leafy greens
- 5-6 Gardein Chick'n Strips
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- pepper to taste
- Add butter and 2 tablespoon of flour to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter and flour is smooth and bubbly. Add bouillon, water, white pepper and pepper to the pan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and continue stirring until gravy has thickened. If it is not thick enough add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Preheat oven to 430 degrees. Place Gardein chick'n on a parchment lined baking sheet and top with poultry seasoning and pepper. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Assemble wraps: place desired amount of cranberry sauce on each tortilla, followed by wild rice, greens and chick'n. Drizzle a small amount of gravy in each wrap. Fold tortillas up and cut down the center. Serve wraps with a side of gravy.