This Vegan Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole takes all of your thanksgiving leftovers and puts them into one compact and delicious dish. Serve with vegan gravy!
This recipe is a BIG one. It literally takes every Thanksgiving flavor you love and mashes them into one Ultimate Vegan Thanksgiving Casserole!!! Sounds intense, but I promise it is delicious. It is the perfect way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers.
You can also make my Leftover Thanksgiving Waffle Sandwiches - another favorite of mine!
What is inside the Vegan Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole?
I always have some staples on my Thanksgiving menu - mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and a veggie. BUT, you could add all kinds of leftovers to this casserole. Instead of wilted kale, leftover green bean casserole or collard greens could be subbed.
I wouldn't even be mad about seeing some leftover vegan mac and cheese in there 👀
No matter what you add to your leftover casserole, you will get the perfect bite of savory and sweet, crunchy and soft. PLUS, we're serving this up with The Best Vegan Gravy! It doesn't get much better than this.
Some tips for making Vegan Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
A big concern with a casserole like this is too much liquid!
If there is too much liquid/broth in the individual components, you will end up with a soupy mess. This casserole works best with sturdy mashed potatoes and stuffing that isn't overly wet.
You also want to be cautious of how much liquid is going into your kale. This will make or break this recipe.
Just remember that since everything is being stacked on top of one another, they will absorb each others liquid. Again, just a point of caution so you get the best casserole result!
Need more Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes? Check these out:
Vegan Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
- 4 cups leftover mashed potatoes*
- 1.5 cups cranberry sauce
- 4 cups leftover stuffing**
- broth optional
- vegan gravy***
FOR THE KALE****
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
- 1 bunch kale approx. 5 cups, stems removed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup broth*****
- hot sauce optional
- If using the kale, prepare it first. Melt the vegan butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, pepper & red pepper flakes and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the kale and broth. Turn heat to low and cover for 8-10 minutes, or until kale is wilted. Stir and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking dish. Layer the potatoes on the bottom of the dish followed by the cranberries. Next add the kale, being sure to avoid adding any broth that remains in the bottom of the pan - this will make your casserole soggy. Lastly add the stuffing to the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. Check the casserole after 20 minutes. If the stuffing appears to be drying out, add a couple spoonfuls of broth over the top.
- Remove from the oven and serve with gravy.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!