Both savory and healthy this Vegan Shaved Asparagus Pesto Pasta is the ultimate spring dinner…
This White Wine Pasta with Asparagus takes less than 30 minutes to pull together and combines a buttery vegan wine sauce with fresh asparagus and pasta.
The weather is crisp and Christmas is less than a week away, and one of my favorite meals to make this time of year is a big, warm, bowl of pasta.
And this White Wine Pasta with Asparagus is perfection.
It takes less than 30 minutes to pull together and combines a buttery wine sauce with fresh asparagus pieces and pasta.
This recipe is the perfect base – easily customize your bowl by topping it with fresh parsley, vegan parm or red pepper flakes.
You could even add some vegan chick’n if you wanted a little something extra.
Plus, any excuse to open a bottle of wine is just fine with me,
It’s not like you want it to go to waster or anything.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
White Wine Pasta with Asparagus
- 8 oz dry orecchiette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1/4 yellow onion diced
- 10-15 asparagus stalks trimmed and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- juice of half a lemon
- pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS fresh parsley, vegan parmesan, red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook orecchiette according to package instructions.
- While orecchiette is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add asparagus and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add butter, white wine* and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then put on low and simmer for 5 minutes (or until sauce has reduced by about half).
- Add drained pasta to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve and top with optional toppings of choice.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!