This White Wine Pasta with Asparagus takes less than 30 minutes to pull together and combines a buttery vegan wine sauce with fresh asparagus and pasta.
The weather is crisp and Christmas is less than a week away, and one of my favorite meals to make this time of year is a big, warm, bowl of pasta.
And this White Wine Pasta with Asparagus is perfection.
It takes less than 30 minutes to pull together and combines a buttery wine sauce with fresh asparagus pieces and pasta.
This recipe is the perfect base - easily customize your bowl by topping it with fresh parsley, vegan parm or red pepper flakes.
You could even add some vegan chick'n if you wanted a little something extra.
Plus, any excuse to open a bottle of wine is just fine with me,
It's not like you want it to go to waster or anything.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
White Wine Pasta with Asparagus
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook orecchiette according to package instructions.
- While orecchiette is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add asparagus and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add butter, white wine* and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then put on low and simmer for 5 minutes (or until sauce has reduced by about half).
- Add drained pasta to the pan and stir to combine.
- Serve and top with optional toppings of choice.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!