Don't let anything go to waste after Thanksgiving with these Leftover Stuffing Vegan Meatballs! Served up with cranberry sauce on the side.
You ever look in your fridge the day after Thanksgiving and wonder what to do with all of the leftovers? Well, every year I like to share a new leftover recipe - like my Leftover Thanksgiving Waffle Sandwiches or Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole. And I'm very excited about this year's recipe! These vegan meatballs are so incredibly tasty! Serve them up with a side of leftover cranberry sauce or vegan gravy.
How to make Leftover Stuffing Vegan Meatballs
You can really make these with any leftover stuffing, but if you want to match this recipe exactly, I used my Butter & Herb Stuffing recipe. If you are using a stuffing that is more rustic (i.e. bigger pieces of bread) you may want to break the pieces apart before forming the meatballs.
For the sausage, I used Beyond Sausage Spicy Italian flavor. You could use another flavor or the plain ground beef, but I haven't tried these with any other brand.
Add the leftover stuffing, vegan sausage, vegan parm, salt and a couple tablespoons of aquafaba (chickpea can liquid) to a large mixing bowl. Roll up your sleeves and get in there with your hands. Depending on how moist your stuffing is, you may need to add in some warm water to bring everything together.
To get uniform balls, I like to use a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop. But you can just eyeball it too - you should be able to get 15 meatballs. Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes - if you like a crispier outside, I recommend putting them under the broiler for a couple minutes after that too!
How to serve Leftover Stuffing Vegan Meatballs
You have some options when it comes to serving these. They go great with leftover cranberry sauce or gravy. There also pretty freaking delicious on their own.
These also make a great Thanksgiving appetizer. If you happen to whip up some stuffing ahead of time, I'd recommend making these the day before and serving them before the big meal or as the main entree for your vegan feast.
No matter how you serve these, they are sure to be a hit!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Leftover Stuffing Vegan Meatballs
- 1 pound vegan sausage I used Beyond Sausage Spicy Italian
- 2.5 cups leftover stuffing
- 2 tablespoons aquafaba*
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- warm water as needed
- leftover cranberry sauce or gravy for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with your hands. Add warm water as needed to bring everything together - I used ¼ cup.
- Form the meatballs - I used a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop to get them all the same size, then rounded them with my hands. Place on the baking sheet. Cook for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. For a crispier outside, turn the oven to broil and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Serve with leftover cranberry sauce or gravy.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!
Love these!! I used Impossible Mince (with fennel added for the sausage flavor) and they came out great. Definitely going to be a holiday tradition!
Hi Tara - so glad you enjoyed. And I LOVE fennel. A great addition!