I'm sad to say our Week of Arugula is coming to an end. sigh. But…
This Cranberry Candied Walnut Salad with Chick’n is my favorite winter salad – it comes together in less than 30 minutes!
This Cranberry + Candied Walnut Salad with Chick’n is my favorite winter salad!
I’m not a huge fan of fruit on my salad, but there is something about mixing dried cranberries with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette and sweet walnuts that is so delish.
Before my vegan days I used to make a salad just like this.
By making a couple of small changes you get all of the same flavors and none of the animal products.
If you’ve never had the Gardein chick’n, you have to try it – it has a great crispy crust and literally tastes just like chicken.
I also like to add some fresh cracked pepper before putting them in the oven for a little extra flavor.
This is the perfect weeknight dinner – make the walnuts ahead of time and you’ll have everything on the table in less than 15 minutes!
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
Cranberry Candied Walnut Salad with Chick'n
FOR THE WALNUTS
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
FOR THE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2-3 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- 5-8 crispy Chick'n strips
- 1/2 package romaine salad mix
- 1/2 package baby spinach
- 1/4-1/2 cup dried cranberries to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup candied walnuts to taste
- Dressing to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Melt butter. Add walnuts and sugar. Continuously stir until sugar is dissolved and walnuts are coated. Spread walnuts out on baking sheet and allow to cool - approx. 1 hour.*
- While the walnuts are cooling, make the dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cook the chick'n according to the package instructions.
- Separate romaine, spinach, cranberries, walnuts and chick'n among individual bowls. Top each with desired amount of dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!