These Vegan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a garlic lovers dream. Perfectly creamy and the best side dish for every savory dinner!
Potatoes are already a big part of a vegan diet, so you know they are the star of the show come the holidays! And why not make them extra tasty by adding loads of roasted garlic?!? Sounds like a plan to me.
To make perfectly creamy mashed potatoes, you really don't need to do too much. Boil your potatoes until super tender, add lots of vegan butter, a little non-dairy milk and mash away.
You could call it a day there, but today we are taking these to the next level by roasting a whole head of garlic (ummmm...yum) and mashing it up into heavenly garlicky paste and adding it to the potatoes.
Serve these up with my super simple vegan gravy and you are going to have a lot of happy tummies on your hand, I promise you!
More of a visual person? Check out the video of how to make these Vegan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
Vegan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the tip of the head of garlic off so the raw garlic is exposed. Drizzle garlic with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and carefully open the foil. When cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin into a bowl. Using a fork, smash the garlic into a paste and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are fork tender (approx. 15-25 minutes).
- When the potatoes are done, drain them and place the empty pot back on the stove with the heat turned off. Place the drained potatoes in the pot along with the butter, cream cheese and milk. Using a hand masher, mash the potatoes until they are creamy and there are no more chunks.
- Add the roasted garlic, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve with fresh parsley and vegan gravy.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!