Vegan Spring Potato Salad
This Vegan Spring Potato Salad with Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce is traditional potato salad’s lighter, greener and tastier cousin. Warm garlicky potatoes are tossed with fresh arugula and a green sauce that is packed with flavor.
Yesterday we talked about spring’s hottest trend (well at least in my house) – Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce. The creamy, herby, green sauce that is packed with flavor and the perfect topper for just about everything.
And I couldn’t leave you hanging without the most perfect spring recipe to use it with.
Potato salad is a classic side dish that comes out when the weather gets warm. And while I love the classic version (you can get my vegan version here), I also love the idea of a lightened up twist on a classic.
Because we all know we’re not getting a whole lotta nutritional value from the traditional version.
How to make Vegan Spring Potato Salad
This potato salad starts off with some roasted potatoes. Tossed in olive oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper, then roasted until crispy. While these potatoes are simple, they are perfectly seasoned to match up with our creamy dreamy green sauce. Because who are we kidding we all know the sauce is the real star of the show here.
TSV TIP: Prefer your potatoes oil-free? Check out my No Oil Roasted Potatoes to see how you can get crispy potatoes without any oil.
Making the green sauce only takes 5 minutes and I take you through the whole process here. I recommend making a full batch of the sauce and using as much or as little as you want on the potato salad. Add a little bit at a time until it has the right sauciness. Then store the rest in the fridge.
I served this over a bed of arugula. I love the bite arugula gives this, but I know some of you can’t stand the stuff. And if that’s the case, feel free to swap it for your greens of choice. Spinach would be great or even a mixed bag of greens. Whatever floats your boat.
Throw everything in a bowl, sprinkle some fresh lemon juice over it, and toss it until combined. You can serve this immediately or let the potatoes cool to room temperature. If you are making this ahead of time, I would wait to combine all of your ingredients until right before serving – this will ensure your greens stay fresh.
Have leftovers? Store in the fridge and serve at room temperature.
This would be the perfect side dish for Easter or just a weekend get-together.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Spring Potato Salad with Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce
- Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce
- 1 pound yellow baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 2-3 cups arugula or greens of choice
- lemon juice to taste (optional)
- Prepare Creamy Dreamy Green Sauce and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place on the baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil, garlic powder, salt & pepper over the potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Toss potatoes and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes (or until potatoes are crispy and fork tender).
- Add arugula to a large bowl. Top with potatoes and drizzle creamy dreamy green sauce over the whole thing.* Toss until everything is coated evenly. Squeeze some lemon juice over the salad and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!