This No Mayo Vegan Potato Salad is packed with LOTS of herbs and an olive oil dressing that is tangy & delicious. The perfect summer side recipe!
I know "No Mayo" and "Vegan" in the same sentence may sound silly...because obviously vegan potato salad wouldn't have mayo. BUT it could definitely have vegan mayo (if you want a traditional potato salad recipe with vegan mayo, check out my other recipe, here).
But instead of vegan mayo, we are swapping it out with olive oil and LOTS of herbs. I'm talking chives, parsley, basil, dill. Fresh flavors all over the place. I mean, it's Summer, we need to use up our herb gardens, right?
Once the potatoes have boiled and cooled, you can assemble. Add the potatoes, dressing, red onion and herbs to a bowl. Toss to combine and place in the fridge.
Let the salad cool for at least 30 minutes - this will allow all of the flavors to come together and the potatoes to absorb some of the dressing.
TSV TIP: When you take the salad out of the fridge, take a taste. If you taste any bitterness, add a pinch of sugar and combine. That should do the trick!
This is another super simple recipe that you can make for all of your Summer parties. It is so light and bright...you may not want to go back to traditional potato salad.
Need more summer salad recipes? Check these out:
No Mayo Vegan Potato Salad
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes
- ½ cup fresh herbs I used a mixture of basil, parsley, dill and chives
- ½ cup red onion diced
- sugar & salt optional
FOR THE DRESSING
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- ½ tsp pepper
- Add potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Cover with the lid and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove the lid and continue to boil until fork tender (approx. 15 minutes). Drain and allow to cool.
- While the potatoes are cooling, prepare the dressing. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- When the potatoes have cooled, cut potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl. Add dressing, herbs and red onion to the bowl and gently toss to combine. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and taste. If bitter, add a pinch of sugar and toss to combine. Add salt if needed.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!