This Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta has a simple sauce and is topped with burst tomatoes on the vine. A quick & delicious vegan dinner idea!
Did you ever eat those boxed creamy pastas when you were a kid? Well this is like those, but soooooo much better. It is made with fresh ingredients and comes together super quickly. This is almost a one-pot meal – the pasta is cooked in the sauce. BUT we are also roasting some tomatoes. So, this is technically a 2-pot meal.
How to make Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta
Start by roasting the tomatoes. Add tomatoes to a baking dish with olive oil, salt, pepper & fresh thyme. Keep the vine on for a fancy presentation, or just grab a carton of cherry tomatoes. They will taste good either way! Pop them in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until they burst.
Meanwhile prep the pasta. Cook up LOTS of garlic in some vegan butter, olive oil, salt, pepper & red pepper flakes. Once the garlic is fragrant, add some broth and bring it to a boil. Add the dry pasta to the sauce and simmer until all of the liquid is absorbed.
How to serve Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta
Right before serving, turn the heat to low and add some smoked paprika, non-dairy creamer (I get this in the coffee creamer section at the store, but you can swap for non-dairy milk), lots of parsley and some more pepper.
Plate the pasta with the roasted tomatoes and get ready to dig in. You can serve this as a main dish or as a side. This would go great with a kale salad!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta
FOR THE TOMATOES
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes on or off the vine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
FOR THE PASTA
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- 3.5 cups broth
- 12 oz angel hair pasta dry
- 4 oz non-dairy creamer unsweetened, or non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- parsley chopped
- fresh basil for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Add the tomatoes to the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the tomatoes burst. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 60 seconds, or until fragrant. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Place the pasta in the pot and gently press it down. Lower heat and simmer until all of the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add the smoked paprika, non-dairy creamer and parsley to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve with the roasted tomatoes, more parsley, fresh basil and black pepper. Also, feel free to drizzle the tomato juices from the roasting pan over the pasta before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!