This Vegan Pesto Bucatini with Crispy Cauliflower is a quick and easy vegan dinner! Homemade arugula-basil pesto & seasoned baked cauliflower over a bed of pasta!
Pesto pasta is a must when the weather gets warm! And nothing makes a bowl of pasta better than crispy cauliflower. Trust me! Of course it adds veggies, BUT it also adds seasoning, crunch and so much flavor. This pasta comes together super quickly and uses all homemade ingredients. You're going to love it!
How to make Vegan Pesto Bucatini with Crispy Cauliflower
Start by roasting the cauliflower. Cut it into florets, drizzle it with a good amount of olive oil (that's what will make it extra crispy and delicious) and add seasoning. Give everything a good toss and put it in the oven.
Next, make the pesto. Homemade pesto is super easy and just requires a few ingredients. You could always go the pre-made route for an even quicker dinner, but I like to make it fresh when possible. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you have a creamy pesto sauce.
To bring it all together, cook the pasta and drain. Place the empty pot back on the stove and combine the pasta, pesto, some non-dairy cream and a splash of pasta water. Give everything a good mix and add more salt & pepper as needed.
How to serve Vegan Pesto Bucatini with Crispy Cauliflower
Once everything is done, plate your pasta with a heaping scoop of crispy cauliflower, plenty of fresh basil and some more black pepper. Seriously, so delicious.
Leftovers may dry out slightly, so feel free to add another splash of non-dairy cream when reheating. You can also reheat the cauliflower in the oven or an air fryer.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Pesto Bucatini with Crispy Cauliflower
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER
FOR THE PESTO
- ½ cup walnuts unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 lemon juiced, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
FOR THE PASTA
- 8 oz bucatini dry
- ¼ cup non-dairy creamer* unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add all of the cauliflower ingredients to the baking sheet and toss to coat evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, add the walnuts, garlic and a pinch of salt & pepper to a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the basil, arugula and lemon juice. Run the food processor and slowly poor in the olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Place the empty pot back on the stove and add the drained pasta and pesto. Add the creamer and toss to combine. Add pasta water as needed to thin. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve pasta with the crispy cauliflower, fresh basil and more pepper.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!