These Vegan Chipotle Lentil Rolled Tacos are spicy, crispy and served with vegan jalapeño ranch! Baking and air fryer instructions are included!
When you want to switch up Taco Tuesday, these Vegan Chipotle Lentil Rolled Tacos will do the trick. They are filled with my favorite Chipotle Lentil Taco "Meat" and served up with a super tasty vegan jalapeño ranch. Add your favorite toppings and chow down!
How to make the filling
The filling is one of my favorite TSV recipes - Chipotle Lentil Taco "Meat". It is super simple to make. Just cook down some red onion and chipotle peppers in a pan. Add cooked lentils, taco seasoning and a splash of broth. Give it a couple minutes to let all of the flavors combine, then take it off the heat.
Lastly, add in a little vegan cream cheese. This will help everything stick together when you add it to the tortillas.
How to assemble Vegan Chipotle Lentil Rolled Tacos
The trick to making baked rolled tacos is heating the tortillas (I just pop them in the microwave for about a minute) and coating them in olive oil before assembling. This will make them more pliable and help to keep them from cracking. Don't worry if they do crack a little, they will still taste good!
Add some of the lentil mixture to the center of each tortilla and wrap it up. Place the finished rolled tacos on a baking sheet (seam side down) and put them in the oven. Give them about 8 minutes before flipping them and letting the other side crisp up for another 5 minutes.
How to serve Vegan Chipotle Lentil Rolled Tacos
Once the rolled tacos are out of the oven, add all of your favorite toppings. I added shredded lettuce, pickled onions, cilantro and lime wedges. And, of course, served them with a side of that vegan jalapeño ranch - I could put that stuff on everything!
If you have leftovers, pop them in the oven for 5-10 minutes to reheat and crisp up.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Chipotle Lentil Rolled Tacos
FOR THE JALAPEÑO RANCH
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeño chopped, remove ribs & seeds if you're sensitive to heat
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- ¼ cup parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- salt if needed
FOR THE ROLLED TACOS
- Chipotle Lentil Taco Meat
- 3 tablespoon vegan cream cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- olive oil
- lime wedges, shredded lettuce, cilantro, pickled onions* for serving
- Add all of the jalapeño ranch ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until combined. Taste and add salt as needed. Set aside.
- Prepare the Chipotle Lentil Taco Meat. Remove from the heat and add the vegan cream cheese. Stir until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees (see notes for air fryer instructions). Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Add olive oil to both sides of a tortilla. Spread some of the lentil mixture down the center and roll up. Place seam side down on a baking sheet and repeat with remaining ingredients. Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings and jalapeño ranch.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!