These Vegan Butternut Squash Tacos with Crispy Brussels Sprouts are loaded with flavor - from the avocado spread to the lime crema. Perfect Fall tacos!
I'm not going to lie. I think this is one of my favorite taco recipes, like ever. Maybe it is all of the Fall flavors going on, but I am seriously addicted and can't get enough of these veggie-packed tacos!
I also think that any way I can figure out how to sneak in some crispy brussels sprouts is going to result in a good day. There is just something super tasty about a crispy brussel!
How to Make Vegan Butternut Squash Tacos
Making these tacos is surprisingly easy for the amount of flavors going on in each one.
First, you need to roast your veggies. Just add them to a couple of baking sheets and add the seasoning. Pop them in the oven and get ready for your house to smell yummy!
Next prepare your sauces. I decided to go with TWO sauces for these tacos, because, why not? There is a lime crema and an avocado spread. Both are super easy to make - just combine a few staple ingredients together, and they are ready to go. Set them aside until you are ready to assemble.
How to Assemble Vegan Butternut Squash Tacos
To start, heat up your tortillas. I went with flour, but corn works too. And I like to heat up my tortillas directly on the stove. But you can also heat them in a pan or the microwave. Just be sure to heat them up some way - it just tastes better that way.
Next, spread a hefty layer of that avocado spread on the bottom of each tortilla - yep, it's getting good already. Then, layer on some squash, brussels and a drizzle of the lime crema. Serve with any extras you like - I went with cilantro and lime wedges - and you are good to go!
These tacos are so yummy. They are definitely going to be a staple in my house this Fall!
Need more inspo? Check out these recipes:
Vegan Butternut Squash Tacos with Crispy Brussels Sprouts
FOR THE ROASTED VEGGIES
FOR THE LIME CREMA
- 2 tablespoon vegan cream cheese or vegan mayo
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
FOR THE AVOCADO SPREAD
- 2 avocados
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- water or olive oil as needed
FOR THE TACOS
- 8 taco-sized tortillas I used flour
- lime wedges, cilantro, hot sauce for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the butternut squash, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the taco seasoning to one baking sheet. Toss to coat evenly. Add the brussels sprouts, shallot, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, smoked paprika, oregano and a pinch of salt & pepper to the other baking sheet. Toss to coat evenly.
- Place the butternut squash in the oven on the upper rack for 30 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, place the brussels sprouts in the oven on the lower rack. Toss both trays at the 20 minute mark.* Remove from the oven and add salt to the squash if needed.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare the lime crema. Combine the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Set aside.
- Also prepare the avocado spread. Add all of the ingredients (except for the water/olive oil) to a food processor. Blend until everything is combined and smooth. If needed, add water or olive oil to the food processor to loosen up the mixture. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- When ready to eat, heat the tortillas over an open flame, in a pan over the stove or in the microwave.
- To assemble, add a layer of avocado spread, butternut squash and brussels sprouts to each tortilla. Top with a drizzle of crema and serve with any of the optional toppings.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!