This Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Crispy Brussels Sprouts is simple to make and the perfect Fall dinner to keep you warm and satisfied!
What better way to start off the week than a warm bowl of pasta?
Maybe if that pasta is tossed in a creamy garlic sauce and then topped with crispy shallots and brussels sprouts.
Sounds pretty good to me.
To me, nothing screams "FALL" like a creamy pasta.
And this one is not going to disappoint.
With just a few simple ingredients you can easily get a delicious & creamy sauce.
AND you don't even have to soak a single cashew!
Vegan butter, non-dairy milk, veggie broth and a ton of garlic cook together until fragrant. Add a little flour to thicken it up and lots of fresh cracked black pepper and you are done.
NOTE: If you want a completely smooth sauce you could throw it in the blender, but I personally don't mind a chunk of garlic in each bite.
At this point, you could add the pasta to the sauce and call it a day. It is already delicious as is.
HOWEVER, the addition of crispy shallots and brussels sprouts puts this dish over the top!
September is the beginning of brussels sprout season, so they should be easy to find locally. And if you don't think you like brussels sprouts, I'd say give them another try. When you pair them with the right flavors they are extremely tasty!
Moral of the story is this pasta is simple and comforting - sure to be a Fall favorite!
More of a visual person? Check out the video:
Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- 8 oz dry pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoon vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 cup unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 2 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot, brussels sprouts and salt & pepper (to taste). Saute until shallots become translucent and brussels sprouts begin to brown, stirring frequently. Using a slotted spoon, place the veggies on a plate and set aside.
- Place pan back on the stove and lower heat to medium. Add butter, garlic, milk, veggie broth and flour to the pan. Whisk until flour is incorporated. Simmer on low for 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Add salt & pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Remove from heat.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Top pasta with brussels sprouts and shallot and serve!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!