Ya, I know...pumpkin spice lattes are "so 5 years ago". But call me a basic…
This Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread is the perfect breakfast or snack. It is sweetened naturally with maple syrup and made extra tasty with chocolate chips.
We are really embracing pumpkin season around here and this Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread is just the beginning.
This bread is so rich and delicious but is lightened up by using maple syrup in place of sugar and non-dairy milk instead of oil. Believe me, you won’t miss either one. This is still plenty sweet (especially with the addition of chocolate chips).
How to make Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
This bread is sooooooooo easy. Take some overly-ripe bananas and mash them in a bowl. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Next, mix together your dry ingredients. I used white flour, but you can also swap it for wheat. I haven’t tried this with gluten-free flour, but I assume it will still work just fine.
Combine it all together and stir in some chocolate chips. Add it to a lined bread pan and bake it for 45-60 minutes. Be prepared for your house to smell amazing during this hour of baking.
Are chocolate chips vegan?
The short answer…some chocolate chips are vegan. Obviously milk chocolate is a no-go. But dark chocolate should be fine and semi-sweet should also be fine.
Be sure to always check the label. For example, the semi-sweet chips at Trader Joe’s are vegan. But their semi-sweet chunks are NOT vegan. So silly, but better to check the label at the store than figure it out later.
How to store leftover Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
I like to store leftovers in glass containers in the fridge. The flavors will just continue to get stronger as it sits and I personally love eating a cold piece for breakfast.
You can always give it a quick reheat in the microwave too!
Need more Fall recipe inspo? Check these out:
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas approx. 1.5 cups
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups flour I used white
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips plus more for topping, I used semi-sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment paper.
- Add the bananas to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips and gently stir in.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and spread evenly. Top with a few extra chocolate chips and gently press them down.
- Place in the oven on the center rack for 45 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick and continue to cook if not cooked all the way through in 5 minute intervals.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Lift the bread out of the pan and remove the parchment paper. Allow the bread to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes (or as long as you can take it).
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!