This Brussels & Kale Vegan Caesar is loaded with sweet potatoes, tempeh bacon, homemade croutons, avocado and the BEST caesar dressing.
If Fall were a salad. I think it would be this one. It seriously has a little bit of everything - roasted sweet potatoes, tempeh bacon, homemade croutons. And don't get me started on the vegan caesar dressing. It is my all time favorite recipe and tastes like the real deal! This Brussels & Kale Vegan Caesar is a must-make for a great Fall dinner!
How to make the tempeh bacon & croutons
Now, there are quite a few moving parts when it comes to this salad. But, by combining a few steps, and working on other parts while things are in the oven, it will come together quicker than you think.
The first round in the oven is the tempeh bacon and the croutons. Whip up the tempeh marinade and dip each piece of tempeh in it before placing them on a baking sheet. On a separate baking sheet add the croutons. Pop them both in the oven and cook until everything is crispy.
How to make the sweet potatoes & dressing
While the tempeh and croutons are baking, prep the sweet potatoes. Slice them in rounds and coat them in olive oil and seasonings. Once the tempeh comes out of the oven, increase the oven heat and get the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and back in the oven.
The last thing to prep is the vegan caesar dressing. And let me tell you, this dressing is everything you could want and more! It's creamy, it's tangy. It is the perfect vegan caesar. Just throw everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. Super easy!
How to bring together the Brussels & Kale Vegan Caesar
Now it's time to bring everything together. Add lots of shredded brussels sprouts and kale to a big bowl. Layer in the tempeh bacon, croutons and half of the dressing. Give everything a really good toss.
Top the salad off with the sweet potatoes and some slices of avocado. Serve the rest of the dressing on the side and let people add more to taste.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Brussels & Kale Vegan Caesar
FOR THE TEMPEH BACON
FOR THE CROUTONS
FOR THE SWEET POTATOES
FOR THE VEGAN CAESAR DRESSING
FOR THE SALAD
- 4 cups brussels sprouts* shredded
- 4 cups kale shredded
- 2 small avocados sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all of the tempeh bacon marinade ingredients in a bowl. Dip each piece of tempeh in the marinade, letting the excess drip off, and place on the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine all of the crouton ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to a separate baking sheet. Place the tempeh bacon and the croutons in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping both halfway. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Increase the oven heat to 425 degrees and add a fresh piece of parchment paper to the baking sheet you cooked the tempeh bacon on. Slice the sweet potatoes and place in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, pepper and salt. Toss until fully coated. Place the sweet potato on the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, prepare the caesar dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulsing until combined. Taste and add salt if needed. Set aside.
- Cut the cooled tempeh bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- To assemble, add the brussels sprouts, kale, tempeh bacon, croutons and half of the dressing to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Top with the sweet potatoes and avocado. Serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!