Vegan Spicy Chicken Pizza
This Vegan Spicy Chicken Pizza is layered with homemade vegan cheese, seasoned soy curls, sun-dried tomatoes and plenty of peppers.
This post contains affiliate links.
Ahhhhh, it’s pizza Friday again. And I’m back with another new vegan pizza to add to your rotation. This one is seriously sooooooo delicious! If you are trying to impress a meat eating friend, feed them this! I’m telling you, they will be SHOCKED when they find out it is all vegan! The dough is topped with sun-dried tomatoes, my vegan cheese combo, vegan pepperoni (optional, but so good), marinated soy curls and spicy peppers. Top it off with basil and you are in business!
How to make the soy curls
I went on a little bit of a rant on Instagram the other day about soy curls. I think there’s a little bit of misunderstanding when it comes to this soy product. I have gotten quite a few messages about soy curls, claiming that they are too processed. BUT, in actuality, they are one of the least processed soy products on the market. They are made from whole soy beans…and that’s it. No preservatives, no additives. I encourage you to try them out. They are shelf stable and really tasty!
Phew, now that my second rant is over 😂 let’s talk about how we’re using soy curls today. The first step is always to soak them in hot water. This will rehydrate them. Let them sit for 10 minutes, then drain and press out all the liquid.
Combine oil, dried basil, dried parsley, garlic salt and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Add the soy curls back and give them a toss. Let them marinate while the dough comes to room temperature.
How to assemble Vegan Spicy Chicken Pizza
Once the dough is thawed, spread it out on an oiled baking sheet. Add sun-dried tomatoes and some of the oil from the jar to the dough.
For the “cheese”, we are using my go-to hack. You know it well. Combine vegan cream cheese and non-dairy creamer in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and add it on top of the sun-dried tomatoes.
The next step is optional, but I added vegan pepperoni. I happened to find some from Field Roast at my local store and needed to try them. There are other brands on the market, and I honestly haven’t found one that I didn’t like. But if you can’t find any, or just don’t want them, go ahead and leave them off.
Layer the soy curls on top of the pepperoni, and finally add the peppers. I used a combo of fresh fresno chilies and pickled jalapeños. But you could sub any combo of peppers you like.
Before placing the pizza in the oven, brush the crust with oil and sprinkle with dried basil.
How to serve Vegan Spicy Chicken Pizza
You want to bake the pizza in a very hot oven – 500 degrees. Make sure your oven is pre-heated so the pizza cooks evenly. After the pizza has been baking for 10 minutes, pull it out and add fresh basil. Place it back in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the dough is crispy.
Remove the pizza from the oven and top with more fresh basil and slice. Serve it while hot and add some red pepper flakes if you like some extra spice.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE???
If you made this Vegan Spicy Chicken Pizza I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Vegan Spicy Chicken Pizza
- 16 ounces pre-made pizza dough
- cornmeal for rolling out the dough
- 2 ounces soy curls
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more for crust
- 1 teaspoon dried basil plus more for crust
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 4 ounces non-dairy creamer I used Ripple
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- vegan pepperoni optional
- pickled jalapeños
- fresno chiles diced
- fresh basil
- Place the dough on a surface with cornmeal and preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Allow the dough to come to room temperature and the oven to preheat for 30 minutes.
- Add the soy curls to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Drain the soy curls and rinse with cold water. Use your hands to squeeze out as much water as possible.
- To the empty bowl add the oil, dried basil, dried parsley, garlic salt & red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Add the soy curls and toss to coat evenly. Set aside until the dough is done resting.
- Combine the cream cheese and creamer in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble spread out the dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and some of the oil from the jar to the dough. Top with the cream cheese mixture and spread out with a spatula. Top with vegan pepperoni, soy curls and peppers. Brush the crust with some oil and sprinkle with dried basil. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with fresh basil and place back in the oven for 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with more basil, slice and serve.