This Vegan Black Pepper Parmesan Spaghetti (or Cacio e Pepe) is a one pot meal that is creamy, comforting and simple. Ready in 20 minutes.
Sometimes making a creamy, comforting dish doesn't have to be overly complicated. By combining some strategic simple ingredients you can get an amazing meal that tastes rich and flavorful without costing you too much time in the kitchen.
And this Vegan Black Pepper Parmesan Spaghetti (or Cacio e Pepe) is that recipe. This requires 7 ingredients, 20 minutes and 1 pot. Can't get any easier than that, right?
Is Vegan Parmesan Good?
If you've never dabbled in vegan parmesan, I suggest you try it immediately! I personally don't think nutritional yeast tastes anything like cheese, so it doesn't make the cut for me. BUT, GoVeggie makes a parmesan that tastes awesome. I always keep some on hand for pasta or pizza - I get mine at Whole Foods, but if you don't have one nearby, you can order it online here.
The other ingredients for this recipe are staples that you will probably have on hand!
- vegan butter
- black pepper
How to Make Black Pepper Parmesan Spaghetti
This recipe is seriously so easy! Just cook the spaghetti until al dente - being sure to reserve some of the pasta water.
Place the same pot back on the stove and melt the vegan butter. Cook down the garlic for about a minute, then add the pasta, parmesan, pepper and salt. Slowly pour in pasta water and toss, toss, toss. The sauce will slowly form and the pasta will absorb all of the flavors. Before serving, top with some parsley!
This is a total crowd pleaser - make this for your non-vegan friends. They will be beyond impressed that this cheesy, creamy pasta is dairy free. I promise!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this Black Pepper Parmesan Spaghetti I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Vegan Black Pepper Parmesan Spaghetti
- 8 ounces spaghetti dry
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- ½ tablespoon black pepper or to taste
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup vegan parmesan plus more for topping
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- parsley chopped, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook until al dente. Drain pasta, making sure to reserve 1 cup of the water.
- Return the pot back to the stove over medium heat. Add the butter and garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add pasta, pepper, salt and parmesan to the pot. Slowly add pasta water and toss until the ingredients are combined and the sauce forms - it will take a couple minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve pasta with chopped parsley and additional parmesan.