This Vegan Lemon Parmesan Pasta is one of my favorites. The lemon gives it a…
This Vegan Black Pepper Parmesan Spaghetti (or Cacio e Pepe) is a one pot meal that is creamy, comforting and simple. Ready in 20 minutes.
Sometimes making a creamy, comforting dish doesn’t have to be overly complicated. By combining some strategic simple ingredients you can get an amazing meal that tastes rich and flavorful without costing you too much time in the kitchen.
And this Vegan Black Pepper Parmesan Spaghetti (or Cacio e Pepe) is that recipe. This requires 7 ingredients, 20 minutes and 1 pot. Can’t get any easier than that, right?
If you’ve never dabbled in vegan parmesan, I suggest you try it immediately! I personally don’t think nutritional yeast tastes anything like cheese, so it doesn’t make the cut for me. BUT, GoVeggie makes a parmesan that tastes awesome. I always keep some on hand for pasta or pizza – I get mine at Whole Foods, but if you don’t have one nearby, you can order it online here.
The other ingredients for this recipe are staples that you will probably have on hand. This is a total crowd pleaser – make this for your non-vegan friends. They will be beyond impressed that this cheesy, creamy pasta is dairy free. I promise!
Vegan Black Pepper Parmesan Spaghetti
- 8 oz. dry spaghetti
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 4 large or 8 small garlic cloves, diced
- 1/2 tbsp. black pepper or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan plus more for topping
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- chopped parsley for topping to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta, making sure to reserve 1 cup of the water.
- Return the pot back to the stove over medium heat. Add butter and garlic and saute for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add pasta, pepper, salt and parmesan to the pan. Slowly add pasta water until ingredients are combined and sauce is creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve pasta with chopped parsley and additional parmesan.