This Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is a quick vegan dinner that is made with spaghetti AND butternut squash noodles for some extra veggies.
This is the perfect pasta dish to make during the warmer months. The roasted red pepper sauce is made in a food processor – no need to turn on the oven. And it all comes together in less than 30 minutes. Plus, this is bulked up with veggies by using spaghetti AND butternut squash noodles. Savory, delicious and a total crowd pleaser.
How to make Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This pasta is beyond simple. Start off by making the sauce which is a combo of roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, vegan cheese, non-dairy creamer, salt & pepper. Add everything to a food processor and pulse until combined. Leave it chunky or blend until smooth – it’s up to you.
Next, cook the pasta and get the butternut squash noodles going. Add some olive oil to a pan and add the butternut squash noodles, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes. Let them cook down for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly tender.
To finish this off, add the cooked pasta and the sauce to the butternut squash. Toss until everything is heated through and tender.
How to serve Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Plate the pasta and add a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and plenty of fresh basil.
This recipe is the perfect quick dinner when you want something comforting, but also want to get in your veggies. Add some spinach or arugula for more greens or some crispy chickpeas for some added fiber.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
FOR THE ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers drained
- 4 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 oz vegan spreadable cheese*
- 1/2 cup basil fresh, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup non-dairy creamer** unsweetened
FOR THE PASTA
- 8 oz spaghetti dry
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus more for serving
- 10 oz butternut squash noodles***
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Add the roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt & pepper to a food processor. Pulse to combine. Scrape down the sides and add the cheese, basil and creamer and pulse again. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the butternut squash noodles, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing frequently. Add the spaghetti and sauce to the pan. Toss with tongs until everything is heated through and combined.
- To serve, top with a drizzle of olive oil, red pepper flakes and more basil.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!