This Vegan Black Pepper Parmesan Spaghetti (or Cacio e Pepe) is a one pot meal…
This Vegan Lemon Parmesan Pasta is one of my favorites. The lemon gives it a light and fresh flavor while the pasta makes it comforting and filling.
While I love cooking, there are plenty of nights when the thought of making a meal is the last thing I want to do.
Rather than eat out or grab something from the freezer, I turn to some of my go-to quick dinners.
And this Vegan Lemon Parmesan Pasta is one of my favorites.
The combination of garlic, lemon, vegan parmesan and vegan butter makes for a light and bright flavor that is also packed full of flavor.
Pair this with a salad and you will have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Are you a visual learner? Check out the video here:
Vegan Lemon Parmesan Pasta
- 8 oz dry spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic diced
- red pepper flakes to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan
- fresh parsley roughly chopped, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- While spaghetti is cooking heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion starts to become tender - approx. 5 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add drained pasta, butter and parmesan to the pan and stir to combine. Plate pasta and top with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!