This Vegan Greek Buddha Bowl is full of healthy ingredients and topped with hummus and…
Breakfast just got a whole lot sweeter with this Tropical Turmeric Smoothie Bowl. The color is amazing and the flavor is tangy, sweet and a little peppery.
Breakfast just got a whole lot sweeter with this Tropical Turmeric Smoothie Bowl.
I told you all about the health benefits of turmeric when we used it in the detox smoothie recipes. And ever since then, I have been finding ways to sneak it into as many meals as possible.
I have put it in my tofu scrambles and in my green juice, but the easiest way to get it in everyday is in a smoothie. It doesn’t add a ton of flavor so you can really add it to any flavored smoothie. But I do have to say there is something special about tropical fruit and turmeric mixed together.
The color is amazing. Obviously. But the flavor is tangy, sweet and a little peppery. Top it off with coconut shavings, chia seeds and fresh banana slices for another layer of texture.
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen banana slices
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut shavings
- 1/2 water or as needed
- Optional toppings: fresh banana slices, chia seeds, unsweetened coconut shavings
- Add all ingredients (except water) to a blender. Blend on high and add water as needed to get everything to blend smoothly.
- Pour smoothie into 1 or 2 bowls and top with banana slices, chia seeds and coconut shavings.
- Serve and enjoy!