Keep dinner simple and delicious with this One Pot Kale, Tomato & Garlic Spaghetti. A simple vegan pasta dish that is packed full of veggies and bright flavors.
This is officially the time of year for quick, delicious pasta dishes (at least according to me).
Today we're keeping the train going with this One Pot Kale, Tomato & Garlic Spaghetti.
A few weeks ago I shared a photo of my dinner on Instagram and you all demanded the recipe (well, you politely asked, but there were some excited emojis thrown in there). It may have taken me some time, but here it is.
This is the perfect summer dinner. Fresh veggies, yummy flavors and it only takes 30 minutes & one pot to make. Those words are music to my ears when I am trying to eat something tasty but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen in the summer heat.
The base of this recipe is a simple mix of olive oil, garlic and shallots. Once that garlic smells nice and tasty, add in your tomatoes and kale and let everything wilt down. You will know it is ready when your kale is soft and your tomatoes have started to blister.
Add in your pasta, salt & pepper, red pepper flakes and vegan parmesan and toss everything to combine.
And while this isn't a super "saucy" pasta, you are going to create some moisture by adding in some of the pasta water at the end. This will keep everything from drying out and help it all to combine nicely.
To serve, I added some more fresh pepper and vegan parmesan to the top of each bowl...because can you ever get enough of either of those?
This can be served as a main dish or as a side. It is super light and fresh so you won't feel weighed down after eating it either way.
One Pot Kale, Tomato & Garlic Spaghetti
- 8 oz spaghetti dry
- ½ cup pasta water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 2 tablespoon shallot thinly sliced
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil drained and chopped
- 1 heaping cup kale diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste, optional
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan plus more for topping
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions. Drain, reserving a ½ cup of pasta water. Place empty pot back on the stove over medium heat.
- Heat olive oil in the pot and add garlic and shallot. Sauté for 30 seconds then add the cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, kale, garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Continue to cook until kale is soft and cherry tomatoes are blistered.
- Add cooked pasta, pasta water and parmesan to the pan and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve immediately with additional parmesan and/or black pepper.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!