Sweet Potato Rolled Tacos
These Sweet Potato Rolled Tacos are filled with mashed sweet potatoes, pinto beans & seasonings. Wrapped in corn tortillas and cooked until crispy!
I have always been a fan of potato tacos – but these Sweet Potato Rolled Tacos are on another level. The sweet potato is boiled until tender, then combined with pinto beans and dry seasonings. This makes the filling, which is then rolled up in corn tortillas and air fried (or baked) until crispy. I served these up with chipotle yogurt sauce, but they can be eaten with any of your favorite salsas or sauces!
How to Make the Filling
The filling for these rolled tacos comes together super quick. Peel and cube a sweet potato. Then add it to a pot with water and boil until tender. Drain and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
Transfer the sweet potatoes to a mixing bowl. Smash with a fork, then stir in drained pinto beans and dry seasonings. Give this a good mix and you are ready to go.
Time to Assemble
Heat your corn tortillas – don’t skip this step, it will make the tortillas easier to work with and less likely to break. Brush one side of a tortilla with oil, flip and add the filling. Roll up and place seam side down in an air fryer basket (or a baking sheet if using the oven).
Cook in the air fryer for 8 minutes, flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes. I like my rolled tacos extra crispy, but cook them to your liking.
To serve top with your favorite toppings, dip in your favorite sauces and enjoy. The leftovers are so good reheated in the air fryer!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Sweet Potato Rolled Tacos I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Sweet Potato Rolled Tacos
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- shredded cabbage, cilantro, lime wedges for serving
- yogurt chipotle dipping sauce optional, see notes
- Add the cubed sweet potato to a pot of water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until tender (approx. 8-10 minutes). Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer the sweet potato to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the beans & dry seasonings and mix until combined.
- Heat the tortillas. Brush one side of a tortilla with oil, flip it over and spread some of the sweet potato mixture down the center. Roll it up and place seam side down in an air fryer basket (see notes for baking instructions). Repeat with the remaining ingredients and cook for 8 minutes at 380 degrees. Flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until crispy. Work in batches if needed.
- Remove from the air fryer and add any optional toppings and serve with your favorite salsas or sauce (see notes for chipotle dipping sauce).