These Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce are filled with beans, crispy potatoes, crunchy lettuce and the best sauce.
What's better than tacos?
Tacos filled with crispy potatoes and topped off with the most delicious green sauce.
Last week I shared the recipe for the Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce and now you have another reason to make it. Not that you needed another reason - because once you try it, you will want to put it on everything.
To speed up the cooking process, I boiled the potatoes before getting them nice and crispy on the stovetop. Now, the key to getting them crispy is to not mess with them while they're in the pan. Give them a solid 5-7 minutes of browning time before flipping.
Believe me when I say, you won't regret waiting for them to crisp up. That crunchy skin is freaking delicious.
Once your potatoes are ready to go, load up your tortillas with beans, lettuce, avocado and potatoes. Drizzle (or drench) them with the Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce and start feasting.
Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce
- 1 lb potatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can refried beans
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 2 avocados diced
- Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce*
- cilantro, limes for serving
- Add the chopped potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring the water to a boil and cook potatoes until fork tender (approximately 15-20 minutes). Drain the potatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, potatoes and taco seasoning to the pan and toss to combine. Press the potatoes down into the pan and turn heat to medium.** Allow potatoes to cook for 5-7 minutes without touching them. Lift a corner of the potatoes with a spatula - if crispy, flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking add the black beans and refried beans to a pan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Once heated through, turn heat to low.
- Prepare the Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce according to the instructions and set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in a paper towel and heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- To assemble, add a layer of beans to each tortilla followed by potatoes, lettuce, avocado and Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce. Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!