These Potato Wedges with Vegan Avocado Dip are the perfect snack for two or meal…
A quick snack that has all of the best flavors – these Smoky Potato Wedges with Sriracha Ketchup are simple, savory and a side dish everyone will love.
When I was thinking about what I wanted to share with you this week, my mind instantly went to potatoes. I realized it has been a lonnnnggggg time since we’ve done a potato recipe on TSV and if you have been around for a while then you know potatoes are one of my favorite things, like, ever.
There is so much you can do with potatoes.
In the past we have served wedges with a creamy avocado sauce and even a pesto hummus (that was freaking delicious), but today we’re going the spicy route. You know I can’t resist adding a little heat to just about every meal.
To make the sriracha ketchup, it is going to be a long and hard process…we are going to add sriracha to ketchup and stir it up. Phew, that takes a whole 20 seconds to do. I know you can do it though 🙂
Now, if you don’t like heat, there is a simple swap you can make. Just omit the sriracha and serve these with plain ol’ ketchup. No one will judge you and they will still be super tasty.
For the wedges I went with baby yellow potatoes. They make for the perfect one-bite-sized wedges and they cook super fast. But you can easily swap these out for russet or even red potatoes. Just note your cook time may be longer or shorter depending on the size of the wedges.
To season these bad boys we are going to keep it simple with just a few ingredients. Olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
The olive oil will help get these nice and crispy. The smoked paprika is obviously what gives these the smoky flavor we’ve been talking about. And garlic…because what is a wedge without garlic? I mean, what is any meal without garlic? What is life without garlic?
Toss all of these together on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until super crispy. Add your salt right at the end so it sticks to the wedges nicely and serve with your sriracha ketchup.
I also topped mine with a little bit of chopped cilantro. It gives them a nice pop of color, and cilantro just tastes good on everything. You can totally omit this step though.
Like I said, these are so easy to make, but the combination of the sriracha with the smoky, garlicky wedges makes these extra special and a snack you will want on repeat.
Smoky Potato Wedges with Sriracha Ketchup
- 1 lb baby yellow potatoes cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2/3 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- cilantro chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine ketchup and sriracha in a small bowl. Taste and adjust spiciness to your liking.* Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Spread potato wedges evenly on the baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes followed by the garlic powder, smoked paprika and a couple of grinds of pepper. Use your hands to stir the potatoes and coat evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip the potatoes.
- Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with salt.
- Top with cilantro and serve with sriracha ketchup.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!