These Potato Wedges with Vegan Avocado Dip are the perfect snack for two or meal for one. Lightly oiled and baked keeps these low fat.
Does anyone else ever have potato guilt?
You look at a plate of potatoes and think "this isn't healthy".
Then, you smack yourself on the side of the head and remember that all the BS you grew up learning about carbs and potatoes is exactly that...bull shit.
It takes a long time to unlearn some things and I still have a ways to go.
Anywho, let's celebrate potatoes with these Potato Wedges with Vegan Avocado Dip.
These are prepared with very little oil and some bright spices.
After they are baked, they are dipped in an amazing + creamy avocado dip.
Sounds pretty good, huh?
This is the perfect quick snack.
Share with friends or keep them all to yourself.
Need more potato inspo? Check out my Vegan Potato Salad or Baked Potato Wedges with Pesto Hummus.
Potato Wedges with Vegan Avocado Dip
FOR POTATO WEDGES
- 2 russet potatoes sliced in wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
FOR AVOCADO DIP
- 1 avocado
- ½ lime juiced
- 2 tablespoon almond milk or other plain, non-dairy milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place sliced potatoes in a bowl with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder and pepper. Stir to coat potatoes evenly. Spray foil with non stick spray and spread potatoes out so they are not touching.
- Bake potatoes for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While potatoes are baking, prepare the avocado dip. Add avocado, lime juice and almond milk to a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and add salt. Serve immediately with avocado dip.
This was a perfect recipe! My whole family loved this delicious snack.I will definitely make it again.
Thanks so much Kristina!
Can you substitute a lemon for the lime?
It will give it a different flavor, but I don't see why not.
I can’t wait to try this! Been craving wedges. For the avocado dip, I have substituted lemon for lime in guacamole and it taste very unpleasant for me personally. I always us apple cider vinegar in place of lime if I have none, but I use about half the amount and use clean water for the rest.
This was dinner tonight. So delicious. Simple, but I’d never have thought of the combination. Perfect.
delicious and so easy to make!! i can’t wait to have this again!
Thanks for sharing! Does the dip keep very long?
It will keep in the sense that it won't harm you if you eat it, but after a few hours the avocado will start to brown. I would eat immediately for the freshest dip (or cut the recipe in half if you don't want as much).
Yum! I can't wait to try this! Does the dip last 1-2 servings? Should I double or triple for a group of 6? Thanks!
I would triple it - that's 1/2 an avocado per person.