I am beyond excited to share the recipe for this Mexican Buddha Bowl with you today!
It is literally one of my favorite meals. Like...literally. I eat this at least once a week (if not more), and I'm still not sick of it - so you know if must be good.
If you've never made a "buddha bowl" the just of it is...
Simple enough, right?
To make this an even better meal, I like to add some spiced, pan-roasted potatoes. Because let's be honest, potatoes are a staple in a vegan diet.
For this bowl, you can use plain rice OR you can use this Chipotle Corn Rice. It only takes 2 extra ingredients and adds a ton of flavor - so I recommend the latter.
Once you have one buddha bowl, you'll be thirsty for more...so get ready to be addicted.
More of a visual person? Check out the video here:
Mexican Buddha Bowl
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 medium russet potatoes diced
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- ½ tsp. cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- Chipotle Corn Rice recipe link above
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1-2 cups salsa
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- jalapeño lime, cilantro, avocado
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced potatoes, garlic powder, cayenne and cumin. Stir to combine and cover. Cook, stirring frequently until potatoes are crispy and cooked through (approx. 20 minutes). Remove from heat and add salt.
- While potatoes are cooking, make rice and heat beans over low heat.
- TO ASSEMBLE: add ½ cup rice, ¼ cup beans, ½ cup potatoes, 1 cup of spinach and salsa (to taste) to a bowl.
- Add optional toppings, serve and enjoy!
2/2 outstanding on these quick and easy dinner recipes. Subbed frozen cauliflower rice in the rice recipe and it was amazing. Keep these easy amazing dinners coming!!
Thank you for your recipes! I'm just starting a vegan month for the first time and came across your site. I think it's easily one of the best vegan resources out there - the recipes look beautiful I want to try them all! Keep up the good work!!
Thanks so much! And what a fun month you're going to have! Hopefully you get lots of inspo to keep you going longer 🙂