This Roasted Carrots, Brussels Sprouts & Acini Salad is the perfect lunch. Served with a mustard tahini sauce and toasted naan.
I cannot say how much I am in love with this salad. It has everything you could ask for - tender carrots, crispy brussels sprouts, pasta, naan and a mustard tahini dressing. It is so easy to layer everything on a large platter and serve this up at a lunch or brunch. You are going to want to eat this all summer long!
How to make Roasted Carrots, Brussels Sprouts & Acini Salad
Start off by seasoning the carrots and brussels sprouts. Layer them out on baking sheets and roast the carrots for 20 minutes. Give them a flip, then put them back in the oven with the brussels sprouts. Be sure to give the sprouts a mix every 10 minutes so that nothing burns and prepare the acini in the meantime.
Cook the acini de pepe according to the package instructions, then drain and add it to a bowl. Add in some olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Give it a good toss and set aside.
Lastly, mix all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and you are ready to assemble.
How to serve Roasted Carrots, Brussels Sprouts & Acini Salad
When everything is ready to go, grab a large serving tray and layer the brussels sprouts, acini and carrots. Top it all off with a drizzle of the tahini dressing and some microgreens (for some added fanciness).
Toast some naan and dig in. You can serve the remaining dressing on the side, so people can add more to their liking!
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Roasted Carrots, Brussels Sprouts & Acini Salad
FOR THE CARROTS
- 20 petite carrots or 10 large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
FOR THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 10 oz brussels sprouts shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- salt & pepper
FOR THE ACINI
FOR THE TAHINI DRESSING
FOR THE SALAD
- microgreens optional
- naan toasted, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add all of the carrot ingredients to a baking dish and toss to coat evenly. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add all of the brussels sprouts ingredients to a baking sheet and toss to coat evenly. Once the carrots have cooked for 20 minutes, remove them from the oven and toss. Place the carrots and the brussels sprouts back in the oven and cook for 20-25 more minutes, flipping the brussels sprouts every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the acini according the package instructions. Drain and add to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the pasta and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add more or less water depending on your desired consistency. Set aside.
- To assemble, layer the brussels sprouts, acini and carrots on a serving dish. Top with a drizzle of tahini dressing & microgreens. Serve with the warm naan.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!