This Vegan Habanero Cream Sauce is the perfect spicy topper for salads, tacos, burritos and bowls. This sauce is nut-free and seasoned to perfection.
But today, we are upping the stakes and making a NEW spicy cream sauce that is just as delicious but slightly different.
If you’ve had habaneros before then you know that they are spicy little guys. How can one tiny pepper pack so much heat? It’s pretty remarkable.
On top of being spicy, they also have a smokey flavor. That smokey flavor is how we’re going to change up the flavor profile from the original recipe.
And I know all of these flavors sound intense, but they actually blend really nicely with the cream cheese to create the perfect amount of heat, smokiness and freshness. I swear you won’t be overwhelmed.
Now, start thinking about all of the tasty things you can put this stuff on!
Vegan Habanero Cream Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 habaneros to taste
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/4-1/2 cup water as needed
- Place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté until onions begins to soften (approx. 5-7 minutes), stirring regularly.
- Add cream cheese to the pan and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until cream cheese is softened and everything is combined.
- Place the contents of the pan and 1 habanero in a blender with cilantro and 1/4 cup of water. Pulse until combined. Add additional water if needed and taste to adjust seasoning.*
- Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge until ready to use. Will last 5-7 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!