These Vegan Refried Beans are simple, easy and ready in 30 minutes. Making refried beans at home has never been easier!
I am a lover of all beans - black, pinto, northern. They're all good in my book. But nothing beats a bowl of really good refried beans! They are creamy, flavor-packed and super delicious. AND, this recipe lets you make your own refried beans at home, without too much hassle. A must-make for your next taco night!
How to make Vegan Refried Beans
Making these refried beans is beyond easy. Cook some onions and jalapeño in avocado oil for 5 minutes. Add 2 cans of pinto beans (including the liquid in the can) & spices and cook down for another 20 minutes.
Once everything is tender, add some lime juice and use an immersion blender (or standing blender) to blend up about ¾ of the bean mixture. You will be left with a creamy bean mixture that is next level delicious. Add some more salt, if needed, and get ready to eat.
How to serve Vegan Refried Beans
Before serving, you can add some fresh cilantro to the beans for some greenery and fresh flavor. You can keep it simple and serve these up with some Mexican Rice or you can try them out with one of these recipes:
How to Make Vegan Refried Beans
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeño diced, optional*
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 15-ounce cans pinto beans
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 lime juiced
- cilantro for serving
- Heat the avocado oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapeño and a pinch of salt & pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans (with the liquid from the can), cumin and chili powder to the pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook for 20 minutes - stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice to the beans, then use an immersion blender** to blend about ¾ of the bean mixture. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve hot with fresh cilantro.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!