Peanut Tofu Skewer Bowls
These Peanut Tofu Skewer Bowls have grilled tofu, rice, roasted zucchini and the BEST peanut sauce. This is the ultimate vegan dinner!
Peanut sauce is always a good standby. It always tastes good and there are so many recipes you can serve it with. For this bowl, extra firm tofu is skewered and then grilled until crispy. It is served over rice with roasted zucchini and the peanut sauce drizzled over it.
How to Make the Peanut Sauce
I have a go-to peanut sauce that NEVER fails. But I decided to slightly switch it up for this recipe and try something new. Here is what you need:
- unsalted peanut butter
- coconut milk
- low sodium soy sauce
- fresh ginger
- sesame oil
Add everything to a food processor and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed – I always like to add extra spice.
How to Make Roasted Zucchini
The zucchini for this recipe is super simple but incredibly tasty. Cut two medium zucchini into half moons and toss with oil & pepper.
Transfer the zucchini to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. It should be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Add salt right before serving.
How to Make the Tofu Skewers
Start by draining, pressing and cubing a block of extra firm tofu. Skewer the cubes and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
Grease a non-stick skillet or griddle with oil spray and add the tofu skewers. Cook until browned on both sides (approx. 5 minutes per side).
How to Serve
To serve, add rice to each bowl. Top the rice with tofu skewers and zucchini. Drizzle the peanut sauce over the tofu and top with cilantro.
Serve with lots of lime wedges on the side! These bowls are savory, delicious and an easy weeknight dinner idea.
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Peanut Tofu Skewer Bowls I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Peanut Tofu Skewer Bowls
FOR THE PEANUT SAUCE
FOR THE ZUCCHINI
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the zucchini, oil and pepper in a bowl. Toss to combine and transfer to the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and add salt.
- Add all of the peanut sauce ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined. Add water to thin as needed. Set aside.*
- Skewer the tofu cubes and sprinkle with salt & pepper on both sides. Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add the tofu skewers and cook until browned on both sides (approx. 5 minutes per side).
- To serve add rice to each bowl and top with skewers & zucchini. Drizzle with peanut sauce and top with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.