Roasted Cauliflower Couscous Salad
This Roasted Cauliflower Couscous Salad has crispy cauliflower & chickpeas, seasoned pearl couscous, arugula & vegan yogurt dressing!
There’s something about roasted cauliflower in a salad. It adds the perfect crunch & some warmth – plus you can never have too many veggies. This salad is healthy, delicious and filling. The cauliflower & chickpeas are seasoned and roasted until crispy. The pearl couscous is cooked in broth and chilled before being added to the salad. It all comes together with arugula and a vegan yogurt dill dressing. This salad has a little bit of everything and will not disappoint!
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas
I think nothing goes together better than cauliflower and chickpeas. To make them, add a head of cauliflower florets & a can of drained chickpeas to a parchment-lined baking sheet with oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, salt & pepper.
Give everything a good toss and place it in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, toss everything and bake for another 10 minutes. Everything should be nice and crispy when you pull it out of the oven.
How to Make the Couscous
This couscous could easily be its own recipe! It is seasoned to perfection and adds the perfect bite to this salad.
I personally LOVE pearl couscous (or Israeli couscous) because it is a little bigger & can absorb flavors better.
To make it, add some oil to a skillet & toast the couscous for a couple of minutes. Pour in broth and some dry seasonings. Bring it to a boil, cover and lower the heat until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
How to Make Yogurt Dill Dressing
This dressing is amazing! It is super tart from the non-dairy yogurt and lemon juice. The chives add some freshness and a little bit of crunch. The garlic is a must…because can we make anything without garlic? I think not.
It is seasoned with salt & pepper and that’s it! You’ll definitely want to adjust all of the seasonings to your liking. Personally I like LOTS of garlic and a good amount of pepper. But play around with it until you love it.
How to Assemble
I like to let the couscous cool slightly before serving. But I also like the cauliflower & chickpeas to be served warm. So you have that balance of warm and cold.
To assemble, grab a large salad bowl and add lots of arugula. Top it with the couscous, cauliflower & chickpeas. Drizzle the yogurt dressing over top and toss to combine – you can also serve the dressing on the side.
Add some extra lemon wedges on the side and top with more chopped chives. This salad is fresh, crunchy, healthy and sooooo tasty!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made this Roasted Cauliflower Couscous Salad I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Roasted Cauliflower Couscous Salad
FOR THE CAULIFLOWER & CHICKPEAS
- 1 head cauliflower cut in florets
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
FOR THE COUSCOUS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups pearl couscous dry
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cup broth I used vegan chicken broth
- salt if needed
FOR THE YOGURT DRESSING
FOR THE SALAD
- 4 cups arugula
- lemon wedges for serving
- chives for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the cauliflower, chickpeas, oil and seasonings to the baking sheet and toss to combine. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Toss and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the couscous. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the couscous and toast for about 3 minutes, or until slightly browned – stirring frequently. Pour in the broth & dry seasonings. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Allow to cool slightly before adding to the salad.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- To assemble add the arugula, couscous, cauliflower & chickpeas to a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and serve with lemon wedges and more chives.
My husband and I both loved this dish! It was easy to prepare, different and very delicious! We have added it to our plant based 5 star list!
Wooooo – so glad it was a hit for you and your husband!