These Mini Vegan Taquitos are air fried (or baked) until crispy then served with a Mexican street corn salad. The perfect party appetizer!
What's better than a taquito? A mini taquito! These little guys are filled with a cream cheese/bean mixture before being cooked until crispy - I give you instructions for the air fryer and oven. They are served up with a creamy vegan street corn salad and plenty of fresh cilantro. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for the perfect party snack!
How to Make the Mini Taquitos
These require very little cooking - another reason these are amazing. Start out by adding a can of vegan refried beans (just make sure there's no lard in the ingredient list), vegan cream cheese, green chiles and taco seasoning to a bowl. Mix until combined.
The tortillas I used for this recipe are extra tiny - just look for the "street taco" size at the grocery store. Heat them up so they are easier to work with. My favorite way to do that is to wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 1 minute.
Brush the tortilla in oil, flip over, and add 1 tablespoon of the bean filling. Roll it up and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
I prefer to cook these in the air fryer. I think they get crispier that way. But if you don't have one, I included baking instructions as well. For the air fryer you'll need to work in batches. For the oven, just pop the whole baking sheet in the oven.
Let's Talk Sauces
While the taquitos are cooking, it is time to make the sauces/toppings. The street corn salad is so delicious and incredibly easy. I used non-dairy yogurt to keep it on the lighter side, and added vegan feta to replicate cojita cheese. Not exactly the same, but close enough.
You can keep this mild or spice it up (like I did). I diced up a habanero and added it in. I know that habaneros aren't for everyone, so you can either omit it completely or use a little bit of jalapeño instead. It's totally up to your spice tolerance!
Serve it Up
When the taquitos are done add them to a platter. Top them with the street corn salad, lots of cilantro and have a handful of lime wedges on the side. Load up the sauces and dig in.
Talk about the perfect game day snack! These are crispy, delicious and super simple. They can be frozen and reheated in the air fryer for a super quick snack!
Need More Recipe Inspo? Check these Out!
Did you Make this Recipe?
If you made these Mini Vegan Taquitos I would LOVE to hear what you thought. Be sure to drop a comment and a rating below! You can also tag me on social media if you snapped a photo. I LOVE seeing your recreations!
Mini Vegan Taquitos
FOR THE STREET CORN SALAD
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy yogurt unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic diced
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 habanero diced, optional
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegan feta crumbled
- salt to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the beans, cream cheese, green chiles and taco seasoning in a bowl. Heat the tortillas. Rub one tortilla with oil, flip over and add 1 tablespoon of filling to the center. Roll up and place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Working in batches, place in the air fryer at 380 degrees for 10 minutes (or longer, depending on how crispy you want them).
- Meanwhile, prepare the street corn salad. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve the mini taquitos hot with the street corn salad, your favorite dipping sauce (see recipe notes), more cilantro and lime wedges.