These Mini Vegan Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are the perfect appetizer or snack. Made with vegan pesto and sun-dried tomato cream cheese.
This is technically another recipe for our Trader Joe's series, but you can easily make it with ingredients from any grocery store. But, if you have a Trader Joe's near you, you can pick up all of the ingredients at one store.
These little grilled cheese sandwiches are so tasty though! They don't (technically) have any cheese in them, but they do have vegan cream cheese. Plus they are buttered and grilled to perfection! So basically the same thing.
How to make the filling
By using a pre-made pesto, that takes out a lot of the prep work. The only thing we need to prep is the sun-dried tomato cream cheese. And you guessed it, just blend together vegan cream cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. So simple, but so tasty!
Be sure to get sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. That oil is going to help blend everything together and get the cream cheese nice and smooth.
The only other thing you need for the filling is a handful of arugula. Now, let's butter the bread and assemble.
How to make Mini Vegan Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Slice 2 baguettes into 40 equal slices and butter one side of each piece of bread.
To 20 slices, spread a layer of pesto. To the other 20 slices, spread a layer of sun-dried tomato cream cheese. Place some arugula in the middle and combine both slices.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook the mini sandwiches. Once the bottom is browned to your liking, carefully flip and brown the other side. Keep working in batches until all of the mini sandwiches are cooked.
You can serve them hot or at room temperature. You can even reheat leftovers on the stove.
Need more recipe inspo? Check these out:
Mini Vegan Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomato jar
- 2 baguettes cut in 40 slices
- vegan butter
- 6 ounces vegan pesto
- Combine the vegan cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and oil in a food processor. Pulse until combined and set aside.
- Cut the baguettes into equal slices and spread an even layer of vegan butter on one side of each piece of bread.
- Flip the bread slices. To 20 slices spread a layer of vegan pesto. To the other 20 slices spread a layer of the sun-dried tomato cream cheese. Place a couple pieces of arugula on top of the cream cheese and close the sandwich with the pesto side.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook the sandwiches until browned on both sides. Remove from the pan and serve warm or at room temperature.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one and make a purchase I will receive a small percentage of the sale. Please know I would never link a product unless I have personally used it and loved it!